Getting Through Spring Quarter with Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

As April starts to come to a close and the Winter blahs are completely over, college kids around the nation are anxiously awaiting summer, but here at UCSD we’re on the quarter system so we still have six more weeks of school. But the bright side to that is that we can continue to rock spring styles into June! Be sure to follow our ultimate beach town-style guide to rock the best version of you during quite possibly the best part of school year.

1.) If you’re ever in need of a few extra beach-y clothing, look no further than the dynamic duo of Brandy Melville and Urban Outfitters located right next to each other in Pacific Beach! Pieces you can look for in these stores that are staples here in SoCal are slouchy shirts and floral shorts and skirts, along with their classic crop tops and bandeaus that are great for layering.

2.) After shopping at Brandy and Urban, you’re just a short walk away from the beach! You’ll definitely want to rock a bikini with bold colors and mix-and-match prints. 

3.) You’ve had your fun day at the beach soaking up the rays, and now it’s time to hit up downtown for a nice night of eating, exploring, and clubbing. The perfect outfit for a night at the Gaslamp District of San Diego would be a bold statement necklace and wedges in a bright and fun spring color paired with a classic black dress. The jewelry and shoes liven up the more reserved dress for a look that shows you’re put-together and confident.

4.) After your exciting night out on the town, the next day can be reserved for a relaxing, laid-back time walking along the Mission Beach boardwalk. For an outfit that gives off the carefree, free-spirited look, try tribal prints, lacy shirts, sheer maxis, ripped jean shorts, strappy sandals, round sunglasses, and fedoras!

I hope these fashion ideas help liven up your Spring Quarter! Power through these last six weeks, collegiettes!

Rebecca is a second year student majoring in Cognitive Science. Her goal is to either be involved in Alzheimer's research or be a child psychologist. She helped plan recruitment for her sorority this year and enjoys soaking up the sun at the beach.