This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Looking to find a fun and unique way to celebrate your mom, or any other mother figure, this sunday? We’ve got you covered! Here are a few ideas to celebrate any kind of mom on her special day!

For the Granola Mom: Enjoy a nice hike outdoors!

Some time in nature is the perfect way to celebrate a mom who’s on the more outdoorsy side. Enjoy the beautiful spring weather and find a hike in your area to spend some quality time with you, your mom, and mother nature. If you’re more adventurous, make a day trip out of it and find a new trail away from your town! For some inspiration, here are some local hikes in San Diego! 

20 Absolutely Spectacular Hikes in San Diego for All Levels

For the Material Girl: Plan a spa day!

There are always those who enjoy the finer things in life. If your mom falls under this category, pamper her with an at-home spa day. Treat her to a fluffy robe, a facial steam, and a refreshing glass of lemon cucumber spa water for the ultimate luxury experience in the comfort of your own home. Here’s an example of a spa basket, complete with all the necessities for a treat-yo-self day!

Mother’s Day Gift Basket Idea – Spa at Home – Modern Glam

For the Period Piece Lover: Take high tea together!

If your mom dreams of living in a Jane Austen novel, give her the full experience of classic British tea hour. Find your local tea house and make a reservation for brunch or afternoon tea, and enjoy the plethora of finger sandwiches and over-the-top tea hats. If you’re feeling ambitious, host high tea at home with the help of these finger sandwich recipes! 

Afternoon Tea Sandwiches (Cucumber, Egg and Cress, Smoked Salmon) – Mission Food Adventure

For the Mom who Loves to Craft: Try your hand at painting!

For an activity that’ll inspire those on the more creative side, spend some quality time with mom and try out some painting! To get even more creative, paint flower pots, and pick out a plant to go in your new pot once it’s finished! 

35+ Super Creative Painted Flower Pots For 2022 – Crazy Laura

For the Sporty Mom: Catch a baseball game!

They don’t call it America’s past time for nothing! With the baseball season in full swing, catching a game is a perfect way to spend this mother’s day for moms who love sports. Grab some team gear and head to the diamond for a memorable Mother’s Day! 

MLB Schedule

For the Francophile: Plan a chiC PICNIC!

Does your mom hold a love for French culture? Or does she just love some good wine and cheese? Either way, a chic française picnic is sure to make her mother’s day. Pack your basket with a fresh baguette, all of the accompaniments, and a nice bottle of rosé wine for the perfect sunday picnic. 

HOW TO STYLE A PICNIC LIKE THE FRENCH

Originally from Phoenix, Arizona, Lucy Kudlinski is a second year student at the University of California, San Diego. She is a Dance and Communication major, and aspires to be a journalist in the dance industry. Lucy is also a member of the UC San Diego Dance Team and the Zeta Mu chapter of Sigma Kappa. In her free time, Lucy loves to bake, scuba dive, ski, and do anything involving adventure!