The Collegiate’s Closet: Testing Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Just as we are settling back into the new routine of a fresh quarter, midterms and finals are already making their grand entrance. It’s around this time that we begin to make questionable fashion choices simply because of the pain of planning an outfit. Instead of being victimized by the vortex of sweats, here are a few ideas on how to stay presentable, without the sacrifice of being comfortable or wasting precious minutes deciding what to wear. To make your own grand entrance to take that test:

Headbands

The last thing anyone wants to think about the morning of the test is how their hair looks. Instead of fighting the frizz and grease, throw on a fabric headband to hide that post-studying hair and to prevent your hair from blocking your view of the scantron.

Chambray Shirts

Instead of reaching for that sweatshirt you wore last night to the library (and then to bed), pull on a loose denim button up to look like Taylor Swift without dying of discomfort.

Chunky Sweaters

If you simply cannot resist that sweatshirt feel, turn instead to an oversized, cardigan or pullover to keep you warm throughout the test.

Tee Shirt Dresses

Because pants are a waste of time.

With a few simple pieces, you can reinvent the stereotypical testing outfit and get a little boost when taking that midterm or final.

Taylor is currently a senior at the University of California, at San Diego where she is studying for a BA in Communication Studies. She is the Co-Correspondent of the HC UCSD chapter, and also a member of the lovely Alpha Omicron Pi, Lambda Iota chapter. While she isn't busy reading 50 pages every day for her communication classes, she enjoys reading a plethora of other types of books (especially anything by Malcolm Gladwell!). Other interests include eating Gouda-grilled cheese sandwiches, drinking lots and lots of tea, attending concerts, watching Parks and Recreation, and attempting to buy every beauty product that Ulta and Sephora can offer. She has also been self-proclaimed as Katy Perry's #1 fan #katycat4life.