Coachella 22
Coachella 22
Original photo by Maya Ordonez
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

My previous article was in fact about Coachella as well, and I am back with more Coachella writing content! I just can’t stop thinking about the experience, therefore it is all my brain can write about!

I loved the energy and bustle of the festival and being surrounded by music lovers and fans all passionate about the same artists really set the vibe of the weekend off right. I knew if I ever went to Coachella I wanted to absolutely try my best with my outfits and use it as a reason to be totally extra! Today I will be sharing my goals and the process of getting my outfits together! 

I knew initially that I wanted to go with 3 different vibes, and that I wanted to rework clothes I already owned, splurge and buy one new outfit, and hand make the last outfit myself. 

For my day one outfit I went for a desert baddie look, and I styled a bodysuit I was gifted from the brand Edikted with some accessories I had from past events! The bodysuit is orange, and I decided to match it with black and silver accessories to balance it out! I had a black cowboy hat with silver sparkly trim from a party, a studded wrist cuff from my sorority’s bid day, and the only new item I had to purchase for this outfit was a fringe belt harness from Amazon! For the makeup, I just did my regular glam look and added face gems, and I kept my hair simple with curls and mini braids, so it wouldn’t take away from the hat! As for jewelry, I just wore one of my favorite gold chain sets and lightning bolt earrings for extra spice.

coachella 1
Photo by Maya Ordonez

The outfit for day two was the one I decided to splurge on! I had wanted to get something from iHeartRaves for so long, so I figured Coachella was my chance! My best friend and I also wanted to match outfits for one day, and we decided on a black one-piece for me, and a matching black two-piece for her both with mesh areas and colorful embroidered flowers. This look was so powerful and so girly! I did my hair with two small bubble braids and loose wavy curls so the texture of the bubble braids wasn’t lost. I decided to go with a bright makeup look, complete with a bright pop of pink eyeshadow, a dark lip, and dramatic face gems for a more ravey vibe. The jewelry I paired this look with was a long silver necklace that complemented the plunging neckline and silver hoops with stars on it!

Coachella 2
Photo by Maya Ordonez

Lastly, my day three outfit was the one I was most proud of because I crocheted it myself! It did not take too long, but it was just tricky to carve out the time to do it. I wanted to go for a more boho springtime look, hence the white with pops of pastel. I had so much fun making the top, which is a style I had crocheted before. This was the first time I had made bottoms or anything with elastic, and I am so happy it didn’t break! I had to embellish the straps with beads, which I also put in my hair and made bracelets with. The fringe on the bottoms was so fun to make, and I just had to line them with beads as well. For hair I just crimped it and had small braids throughout that I added the beads into. For jewelry, I went for the same vibe as the beads- pops of cute fun, pastel, summery colors! 

Coachella 3
Photo by Maya Ordonez

And of course each and every day I lathered myself in body glitter, as one should while in the desert at Coachella! Disclaimer: I honestly got so cold by the end of each day that I was fully in a sweatshirt and sweats by the end of the night! Hope this gave you all some outfit inspiration, and thanks for letting me share my fashion creativity side with you!

Maya Ordoñez from Cerritos, CA. She is a second-year at UC San Diego majoring in Communications and double minoring in Business and Dance. She is currently on campus and is involved in Greek life and the UCSD dance team. She loves the San Diego area because of the nature, beach, food, and adventure!