Club90sLA: Themed Dance Nights for Gen Z

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Did you say BTS, Lana Del Rey, and Harry Styles night? Sign me up!

Do you love dressing up and going out with friends but hate the idea of a club? Is it because of creepy guys and/or horrible music? If so, Club90sLA might be exactly what you’re looking for! 

Club90sLA hosts themed dance nights in major cities all across the country. Within the last couple of months they’ve had Olivia Rodrigo, Nicki Minaj, and Tumblr nights in places like Los Angeles, Chicago, and Phoenix.  

These themed dance nights specifically play pop music that is hardly played at bars and nightclubs. Whether intentional or not, it has managed to weed out the creepy guys that usually flood night scenes. This has made it so that about 90% of the people in attendance are young adult women – making it the ultimate safe space. 

Not only is everyone so nice and welcoming but they’re so fun! Fans love to add to the experience by dressing up as their favorite artist. For instance, it’s a common occurrence to attend Justin Bieber night and see someone dressed in a white denim outfit and purple hoodie. Who says it can’t be Halloween year round?

If you’re anything like me and spend hours scrolling through TikTok then chances are that you’ve probably seen viral videos of people at these events. So for more on all the fun, don’t forget to check them out on Instagram @ club90s_la or on TikTok @ club90sla.

P.S. If you’re a Swiftie in the Los Angeles area, be sure to check out their Taylor Swift nights (Red Edition) happening this Friday and Saturday night! 

Laylani Cedano is a first year transfer student at the University of California San Diego. She is currently a Communication major and plans to pursue a career as a talent manager in the entertainment industry. During her free time she enjoys roller-skating, thrifting, and hanging out with friends. Some of her interests include music, film, and anything pop culture!