This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

As soon as the clock hits midnight and the date changes to December 1st, you know what that means…Christmas themed EVERYTHING!! This holiday is one of my all time favorites, the weather, clothes, food, music, and of course the movies. Below I have listed my go-to movies that I have to watch at least three times during the Christmas season:

1. The Grinch

I remember watching this movie when I was younger and being scared. Like who the heck is that green, fuzzy thing with a belly. But, the more and more I watched it the more I fell in love with the story. The characters are original and the story is cute and sentimental. I recently saw the cartoon version of the movie…even though it’s not the original version…it’s still adorable! I highly recommend it !!

2. The Santa Clause (1, 2, and 3)

These three movies are a great series to watch on repeat during the holidays. Who wouldn’t want their own dad to be Santa Clause…the life that you could have…the secrets you would know, the possibilities are endless. I will say the first movie is the best, the transition he goes through, the denial; just thinking about it makes me want to watch it. The second movie is a great one because we see Santa fall in love. The love he has for his job is great. The last movie, again I was kind of scared of Jack Frost only because he looked scary. But, at the end of the day his character is so sad, I feel for him. All three movies are great. I’m ready to have these movies on repeat. 

3. Elf

Last but certainly not least, ELF!!! I don’t know how to express how much I LOVE this movie!! I don’t know a single person who hasn’t seen this movie. If you’re reading this and haven’t seen it…drop EVERYTHING and go watch it NOW!! The comedic storyline and family love that comes with it are amazing. Whenever I watch this movie, I know it’s Christmas time. My dream is to decorate my own home the way Buddy did in the toy store…hehehe a girl can dream. 

The holidays wouldn’t be the same without these classics. Now, Netflix is releasing a variety of Hallmark movies that are great. They have the classic, cheesy feels of a holiday movie, however, none of them match up to the oldies. I know there are many more that should be on the list but these are just a few of my all time favorites. 

Now that Christmas is only two weeks away, get ready to bundle up in your pj’s and fuzzy socks, wrap yourself in a cozy blanket, with a cup of hot chocolate…if you aren’t already…and watch these movies on repeat ~

Born and raised in the Bay Area, Shannon Kang is a California native. She is finished community college back in her hometown and is now enrolled at University of California, San Diego to pursue her Bachelor's Degree in Communications. After undergrad she is planning on furthering her education to pursue an MBA in management and operations. When it comes to tasks and her interests she is determined and persistent, she will not stop till she gets what she wants. Her interests include, music (KPOP stan), food (total foodie), Asian culture, fashion, skin care, and literature.
Her Campus at UCSD aims to create a more open platform for women to share their ideas and passions with the rest of the college community. Our writers are students of all different majors who share the same passion for writing and media and are excited to bring more fun articles for the UCSD community and others to indulge in and enjoy.