This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Name: Shani Chang

How would you describe your style? I’d have to call it “comfortably cute.” I love getting dolled up and girly, but a big dash of comfort is always important for me. Some shorts or a simple skirt paired with an effortlessly cute top can make my day. Or a light sundress on beautiful, warm San Diego weather days and a matching cardigan. I will admit, of course, sometimes I lean far more towards the comfort (tees, shorts, sweatshirt) than extra cute, but it still works for me. 

What is your favorite article of clothing that you own? A band merch tank top my friend bought me for my birthday at Warped Tour about two years ago. Although much more punk-rock than cute, it has sentimental value and shows one of my favorite bands. 

What band? DRUGS. It stands for “Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows.” 

Is there anything you really want right now? Clothing-wise, a new bikini! Or a unique monokini if I can find one that suits my liking. Other than clothes…probably some In-N-Out.

What is your favorite accessory?

Any of my rings, except most days I forget I own them and go ringless. 

What’s your favorite place to shop?

Either Express or Forever 21. Of course, sometimes I’ll splurge and shop online on ModCloth.com.

Tell us one surprising fact about yourself. 

I have a blood condition that has rendered me with low platelets for about a year now, maybe more. It’s the reason behind all my out-of-the-ordinary bruises all over my legs and sometimes arms. It’s tough sometimes walking around campus getting strange, judgmental (and sometimes dirty) stares.