This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

This week’s style maven is Audrey Sechrest.  She showed me a few amazing outfits and I’m here to share them with you! The first outfit is completely thrifted, except for her DIY sandals. They are made from basic flip-flops and a scarf! The second outfit is actually entirely from Forever 21- stylish and affordable! These high-waisted jeans are super comfy and the button detailing makes them unique and adorable.  

Can you describe your style? I like to call my style urban bohemian, but I’m all about the comfort!  I really like upcycling the things I find at thrift stores and doing things like fringing the bottoms of tees, cutting necklines to make them more flattering, and making shirts that tie at the bottom. I just love wearing cute and vibrant outfits and filling my wardrobe with statement pieces that look awesome no matter when, where, or for what I wear them.

What is your favorite place to shop?  I like Forever 21 because it’s really affordable and has a lot of choices. Also, I’m really into patterns, and they have hella patterns in their selection. I love basically all thrift stores because you get this amazing feeling when you find something that’s one of a kind. You can really personalize your wardrobe and add that cool 90’s touch!

What is your favorite piece in your wardrobe? This high-waisted pencil skirt I wore in the first outfit!  It is tribal print with conch shells along the bottom and makes me feel fantastic whenever I wear it.