Campus Style: 3 Spring Trends We Can’t Wait For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

I’m not sure about you, but in my opinion, the months of January and February can be a bit unexciting in relation to style and beauty. We have been forced to kiss the red dresses and sparkling scarves of the holiday season goodbye, but sandals and neon colors still seem premature. So, what’s a collegiette to do? Why, daydream about our most highly anticipated spring trends, of course! Read on for the style and beauty trends we can’t wait to rock come spring. 

1. Pastel colors. Is there anything prettier than a great pastel? As March and April approach, I know I will be incorporating pastels into all realms of my beauty and style choices. I’m going to be on the look out for a great pastel skater skirt, and can’t wait to deck out my nails in the prettiest light pinks and blues. Check out one of my favorite pastel nail polishes here

2. Bright beauty. To me, there is no pick-me-up quite like a neon lip or a bright, flushed cheek. I’m looking particularly forward to playing with orange and fuschia tones this spring. Check out one of my favorite Revlon lip products here

3. Cutout flats. There is something so chic and unique about the recent cutout trend. I’ve been loving cutout boots (although I’ve yet to find the perfect pair…), and can’t wait to see the trend adapted to footwear appropriate for warmer weather. Forever21 has an awesome pair here

Keep daydreaming with me, collegiettes- spring and its trends will be here before we know it!