Campus Cuties: Soni, Shelby, Sarah, Rachel and Emma from Tamarack 501 (“Swive-OH-ONE”)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

What is currently the song of the moment in your apartment?

Soni: Backstreet Freestyle

Sarah: Yesterday it was Riptide.

Emma: Or anything by Taylor Swift. Are we out of the woods? I don’t know!

If you had an apartment mascot, what would it be?

Emma: I feel like Soni is our mascot.

Favorite restaurant on campus?

Everyone: SANTORINI!

Emma, you speak French and Spanish. Why should people take the time to learn a new language?

Emma: It opens a lot more of the world. In learning more languages you are a member of the world, not just a tourist.

Any advice for our male readers?

Soni: Don’t try and act cool because it doesn’t work.

Emma: Don’t play games.

What is the best thing about being in a sorority?

Emma: The community and diversity of women that you get to spend time with on a very frequent basis.

Do you believe in Triton Eye?

Soni: No, we’re all hot as f***.

Lana Del Rey or Lorde?  

Soni: Nope, won’t answer that.

Emma: Not fair. We have both of them on our walls.

What piece of advice would you give your Freshman self?

Sarah: Don’t be afraid to try new things. Make decisions that are going to make you happy. This is the time of your life. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.

How do you stay connected with your apartment?

Soni: Studying and sitting together.

Shelby: Yeah, we distract each other… this can be a big problem.

Rachel: Yup, I get so distracted that I stay up until 3 in the morning. 

Taylor is currently a senior at the University of California, at San Diego where she is studying for a BA in Communication Studies. She is the Co-Correspondent of the HC UCSD chapter, and also a member of the lovely Alpha Omicron Pi, Lambda Iota chapter. While she isn't busy reading 50 pages every day for her communication classes, she enjoys reading a plethora of other types of books (especially anything by Malcolm Gladwell!). Other interests include eating Gouda-grilled cheese sandwiches, drinking lots and lots of tea, attending concerts, watching Parks and Recreation, and attempting to buy every beauty product that Ulta and Sephora can offer. She has also been self-proclaimed as Katy Perry's #1 fan #katycat4life.