burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Dominic Jay Varez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Name: Dominic Jay Varez

Major/Minor: Psychology/Business

Year: Senior 

Where are you from originally?
Chula Vista, California.

What are some extracurricular activities you are involved in?
I am a member of the Filipino cultural club KP, am a choreographer for campus dance teams such as Kasama Modern, and am a member of the adult hip-hop dance crew Super Galactic Beat Manipulators, or SGBM.

What is your relationship status? 
Single!

What do you think is the best thing about living in San Diego?
The weather, the people, and, of course, the Mexican food.

Are you a candy type of person or a chocolate type of person? Why?
I have a sweet tooth and can’t just choose one… I’m all about the chocolate covered gummy bears!

If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
To fly, so I could easily travel the world and get around without traffic! And to avoid tickets, haha.

What’s your favorite pick-up line?
I think your lacking vitamin me! 

If today was your last day, what are the top three things you would want to do?
I’d like to go to all you can eat sushi, visit Disneyland, and chill with my closest friends and family with some good food and drinks.

Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.