This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Name: Alexis Nicole Marca

Major/Minor: Undeclared

Year: Freshman

Where is your hometown? Riverside, CA.

Favorite pastime? Writing; I’ve been writing small novels since I was twelve years old, with topics ranging from the drama of high school to a disease that destroys the world. Writing has always been my passion. It is a way for me to express myself and let out my creativity, which I love. 

Favorite song? “Alone Together” by Fall Out Boy.

Favorite food? Mexican food, I could eat just Mexican food for the rest of my life. 

Relationship status? Taken by Jonathan Kelly. He’s the Aladdin to my Jasmine.

Where do you see yourself in five years? Creating lasting memories and enjoying life. I would also love to have a stable job, and I always say the dream is to be married at 24, but I’ll see where the future takes me. 

What is your go to outfit? Black pants, cute T-shirt, and a cardigan for the chilly weather. When it’s warm, I enjoy girly summer dresses (also with a cardigan). I just love cardigans. 

If money were not an object, what would your dream job be? I would love more than anything to be an author or to write for a television series. Either that or become a kindergarten teacher, because of my subconscious desire to teach and my completely conscious love for children. 

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Either Italy, because of its universally known adventure and beauty, or Bolivia, because I’d love to travel the land of my ancestors. 

Describe yourself in three words. Creative, quiet, and thoughtful.

What is your ideal date? A weekend snowboarding trip to Mammoth. I really hope this happens one day, it would be awesome!

Biggest pet peeve? People who are extremely judgmental and refuse to listen to any opinion other than their own. I feel like we should all give things a chance before deciding things are not worth our time. 

What are you most excited about the summer? I’m excited to sleep in, to have fun with friends, and go on adventures.