This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Brunch is a meal for the elite. A mix of breakfast and lunch plus you don’t have to wake up too early to go eat, what else could you ask for? I moved down to San Diego almost two years ago and fell in love with the all the amazing brunch spots this city has to offer. If you love brunch just as much as I do and live here or ever plan to visit, keep reading to see my favorite spots!

Morning Glory 

This gem is located in Little Italy, and has the most beautiful decorations that are instagram picture worthy! Aside from the obvious aesthetic, Morning glory has more to offer than just something to look at, their brunch menu is delicious! They are known for their Souffle Pancakes. Soft, jiggly and sweet. Yum! You can not go wrong with eating here. Remeber they close at 3pm so make sure to get there early. 

Crushed

Crushed is located in Pacific Beach and is sure to have a line waiting down the street during weekends. This cute little spot has delicious food, outdoor seating and is known for their savory mimosa flights! They are vegan and vegetarian friendly, they even have soyrizo as a meat subtitute. My personal favorite is their Soyrizo Fries and their Seriously Vegan Sliders! SO good. 

Breakfast Republic

Breakfast Republic is a beloved San Diego chain, you can find them in Pacifc Beach, Downtown and other cities in San Diego. It is safe to say everything on their menu is hands down amazing, not to mention they have a bomb vegan menu! This is also another good mimosa spot if that is what you’re into. My favorite thing to eat at Break Republic is the Jammin’ Bennie (vegan benedict), it is filled with blackberry-jalapeno jam, italian vegan sausage, plant-based eggs, and vegan hollandaise served with potatoes on the side!

Cafe 21

Cafe 21 has two locations Downtown and City Heights. This place is short from amazing, they are also pretty affordable with meals no more than $12! Not bad for an aesthetically pleasing and delicious brunch! My favorite is their Feta Omelette and their Vegan French Toast! So good. 

I could keep writing about more spots because San Diego is a hub for amazing brunch restaurants. I love exploring new restaurants and places to eat and these have to be top favorites when I want to have a brunch day. I hope that these four restaurants will entice your intrest into eating some good brunch! 

Enya Nava

UCSD '21

Enya is a 4th year transfer student from the Bay Area, majoring in Communications at UCSD. Aside from being a writer for UCSD Her Campus, she is involved in UCSD's Undergrad Communication's Society and the Social Media Coordinator for Triton Linked-In Group. During her free time, you can catch her hanging out with friends, dancing, working out or catching some sun at the beach!
Her Campus at UCSD aims to create a more open platform for women to share their ideas and passions with the rest of the college community. Our writers are students of all different majors who share the same passion for writing and media and are excited to bring more fun articles for the UCSD community and others to indulge in and enjoy.