Canva

A Look at the Primavera Sound L.A. Lineup: Artists You Won’t Want To Miss!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Looking to attend a music festival this summer? Primavera Sound, the annual music festival typically held in Spain, is making its way to Los Angeles! This September 16-18 see some of the biggest Indie pop artists perform at Los Angeles State Historic Park. 

With over 50 artists set to perform, it can be a bit overwhelming when trying to decide who you should and shouldn’t see. Despite there being plenty of amazing artists on the lineup, here are five artists that you must absolutely see live: 

Arctic Monkeys

With the Tumblr revival in full effect, there’s no way you’d want to miss Arctic Monkeys’ set! Not only do they have a headlining slot, but they are also expected to release a new album this year. The possibility of hearing new music and/or hits like 505 and When The Sun Goes Down almost guarantees a great performance no matter the outcome! 

Mitski 

For the first time since 2018, Mitski released a new album! Laurel Hell was released earlier today, and in just under two weeks she will be kicking off her North American tour. If you weren’t able to buy tickets to one of her many sold-out shows or even Harry Styles’ UK dates, which she will be opening, you may want to prioritize her Primavera set before she goes on another hiatus. 

King Krule

If you’re anything like me and spent countless hours as a teen exploring the internet for new music, you may already be a fan of King Krule. However, even if you’re unfamiliar you will likely enjoy some aspect of his genre-bending music as it is strongly influenced by jazz, punk, and even hip hop. His 2017 critically acclaimed album The OOZ is a great introduction to his work. 

Clairo 

Clairo … the face of bedroom pop, need I say more? She rose to fame in 2017 after releasing hits Pretty Girl and Flaming Hot Cheetos. She has since gone on to release two albums, one of which she produced alongside Jack Antonoff. Clairo’s music is sweet, sad, and fun, the perfect mix when you need a break from the festival chaos.

Arca

If you’re looking for a set that’s a bit more experimental and upbeat then Arca is the one for you! Arca’s recent DJ sets have taken the internet by storm. Her electronic dance music is sure to have you on your feet!

You won’t want to miss these artists so be sure to grab tickets while you still can and don’t forget to follow Primavera Sound Los Angeles on Instagram for all the latest details! 

Laylani Cedano is a first year transfer student at the University of California San Diego. She is currently a Communication major and plans to pursue a career as a talent manager in the entertainment industry. During her free time she enjoys roller-skating, thrifting, and hanging out with friends. Some of her interests include music, film, and anything pop culture!