8 Perks Of Having A Guy Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Some people think guys and girls can’t just be friends. But, I am living proof that this is not true. The guys I have met at UCSD have become some of my closest friends and I am so lucky to have them in my life (shoutout to my 12th floor boys).  Here is my list of the best perks to having guy best friends.

1. They will tell you how it is

Trying to justify why your newest love interest hasn’t texted you back in a week. Your guy friend will tell you he’s just not that in to you.

2. You don’t need to worry about finding a date to functions

Your guy friend will go with you, whether they like it or not (sorry Brian) and you won’t have to worry about being ditched on the dance floor.

3. He serves as a second dad and older brother

Going out with a guy? Not before your guy friend interrogates him and threatens to kill him if he hurts you.

4. They introduce you to their single friends

You know this guy won’t be a loser because your guy friend already likes him enough to hang out with him.

5. You have someone to do ‘guy’ things with

I love shopping as much as the next girl, but sometimes I just want to act like a boy and yell at the TV during the game.

6. They always have pockets

Going out for the night? Ditch the purse and make your guy friend carry the essentials.

7.You can trust them when they compliment you

If you are having a good hair day or your jeans are doing your booty good, your guy friend will tell you how fab you look.

8. They are a shoulder to cry on

Someone has hurt you? Your guy friend is up and ready to beat up whoever has hurt you, and that’s why you love them.

UCSD '16 Political Science- American Politics Major
Taylor is currently a senior at the University of California, at San Diego where she is studying for a BA in Communication Studies. She is the Co-Correspondent of the HC UCSD chapter, and also a member of the lovely Alpha Omicron Pi, Lambda Iota chapter. While she isn't busy reading 50 pages every day for her communication classes, she enjoys reading a plethora of other types of books (especially anything by Malcolm Gladwell!). Other interests include eating Gouda-grilled cheese sandwiches, drinking lots and lots of tea, attending concerts, watching Parks and Recreation, and attempting to buy every beauty product that Ulta and Sephora can offer. She has also been self-proclaimed as Katy Perry's #1 fan #katycat4life.