7 Galentine’s Day Activities that are Better than Dinner and a Movie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Finding yourself single on this Valentine’s Day once again? Don’t stress because here are 7 guaranteed ways your gals (or just you) can enjoy themselves on “single awareness day.” Bonus points if you do all 7 which are guaranteed to make even your favorite couple jealous.

1. You can watch Deadpool with your besties

Watching Ryan Reynolds in theatres. Check.

Watching him with your gorgeous friends in tow. Check

Not having to worry about a date. Check.

2. Host a piñata whacking party

Idea courtesy of the movie (Valentine’s Day). Reasons: Jennifer Garner did it. ‘Nuff said.

3. Do something artsy (museums, galleries, painting)

Educate yourself (and maybe some friends) by being cool and cultured. Take this time to do what you always say you’ll do and actually visit a museum or an art gallery. Spend a couple hours being fascinated by art and maybe even go home and do some yourself.

4. Go Dancing!

Gather your closest friends, channel all your confident energy and hit that dance floor. Always wanted to try salsa? Tap? Jazz? Hip-hop? Don’t wait any longer because now is the time to let loose.

5. Go to a comedy club

Wallowing is for the weak, instead, spend today laughing your sorrows away with other cool singles. They’ll be sure to be a bounty of jokes made about the absurdity of today anyways.

6. Group workout

Don’t be that single person who stuffs themselves chockful of food and chocolate (wait until the day after). Instead, grab your other single friends, put on some Blogilates, and let Cassey Ho take care of the rest.

7. Coffee crawl

Coffee has always been there when you needed it the most. What better to way to continue expressing that love by going on a Coffee Crawl? Caffeinecrawl.com has a list of last month’s participating shops that you can use a map.

Oneisha is a senior at the University of California, San Diego earning her degree in Music Techonology with a minor in Psychology. Having just graduated from her sorority, Oneisha was looking for a fun way to still be involved in a student org and found it through HerCampus. In addition to the content written here, you can find more of her writing (this time all food based) at UCSD's Spoon University website. Fun hobbies include eating, weight lifting, reading, and crafting.
Rebecca is a second year student majoring in Cognitive Science. Her goal is to either be involved in Alzheimer's research or be a child psychologist. She helped plan recruitment for her sorority this year and enjoys soaking up the sun at the beach.