5 Ways to Help you Stick to Your New Years Resolutions:

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

During finals mayhem, my roommate and I had a 3 AM conversation of how our lives could have been better if we didnt procrastinate. Our goal for next year is to work harder on school work during the week, so we can head out and explore SD on the weekends! But we all know New Years Resolutions are hard to keep so here are 5 helpful tips to stick to your 2015 goals!

1. Dont hit your snooze button. I always intend on getting up on time and getting ready for the day on time, but end up snoozing my morning away. Resist the urge so you can get up and have more time to reach your goals!
  2. Limit your social media use. I love scrolling through Instagram for hours in bed as much as the next girl, but I waste so much time when I could actually be getting stuff done so I can have fun later. Im not saying eliminate IG from your life, but you will find you have so much more time once you limit your use to 20-30 minutes a day.
  3. Reward yourself after small accomplishments. Keeping a goal for a whole year is hard! Treat yourself when you reach a milestone! It will motivate you to keep going.
  4. Have the support of your friends. Having another person to hold you accountable and monitor your progress will make you more likely to stick to your goals.
  5. Realize that change wont happen over night and dont give up after minor setbacks. You dont have to wait til the New Year to make a change. When you feel yourself slipping back into your hold habits; stop, breathe, and re set!
UCSD '16 Political Science- American Politics Major
Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.