This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.
Well collegiettes, it’s around that time of the quarter again where exams and essays don’t stop until finals wraps up. In the midst of flashcards, post-its, outlines and Khan Academy podcasts, studying can become a chore and distractions become ever-more tempting. So why not use a study break on Netflix to “study” for that midterm coming up? We’ve all watched TV shows where something we have learned at one point or another has come up in an episode, so take advantage of Netflix and single out shows that can at least be considered “productive procrastination.”

1) Breaking Bad

Here’s an obvious one for all you Chemistry majors out there. While not exactly the most accurate- or legal- means to study, at least you’re exposing yourself to the elements.
2) Grey’s Anatomy

And for you Biology majors and pre-med students, this drama may not be the most realistic in terms of romance, but it can at least give you a healthy dose of trauma along with graphic scenes of internal organs.
3) House of Cards

Not into cardiothoracic or neuroscience, but have to prep for that Political Science paper coming up? This show may not be entirely politically correct, but at least it gives insight into the mechanisms of the scandal and manipulation that can run rampant in politics.
4) Law and Order: SVU

Along with the perfection that is Olivia Benson, this series is the perfect study break for anyone taking a Criminal Justice course. Plus you can pick up some tips from DA Raphael Barba for your future law career.
5) American Horror Story

This is a bit of a stretch, but for all you Psychology majors out there, this show can be a great tool in trying to figure out the dark and twisted human mind.

Okay, so maybe you won’t really be learning anything new from these shows, except for the occasional plot twist, but at least when you’re procrastinating, you can justify your actions through these somewhat applicable series.

Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.