It is almost (officially) spring!
I am not sure if the weather is changing fast enough for us to believe it, but March is here! This quarter has flown by and, unfortunately, finals are looming in the distance.
I think it is time for a little spring cleaning, because an unorganized work space can lead to an unorganized mind. It is beneficial that we go through and organization our rooms before we drown in a sea of work when finals come around! Also, a little tidying will give us less of a reason to do procrastination cleaning when we are supposed to be studying.
So here are some simple tips to keep your place straightened when Hurricane Finals strikes.
- Organize Your Desk. This is the golden rule. If you want to function at optimum levels, please make sure to keep your desk free from scattered pens, pencils, papers, and other knick-knacks. Grab all the things on your desk, push them aside, and start to put them back in their proper places. You want to be able to see the surface of your desk at all times. A clean desk put a mind at ease.
- File Your Papers. I know this is tedious, but it isn’t a bad idea to invest in an accordion folder. It’s perfect to store away all your old papers, midterms, and homework in a manner in which you will be able to find them easily, if need be. Papers are space-consuming and messy and, not to mention, a pain to find what you are looking for if not kept properly. So do yourself a favor, and just take the time to file them in whatever organizational manner suits you. (Yes, the trash is also an option, but make sure you don’t regret it!).
- Clean Your Closet. I know for some this task may sound daunting, but it will make you feel like a victor in the end. No one wants clothes spilling out of their drawers and closet onto the floors, so, on your cleaning day, take the time to organize all your clothes by placing them back on hangers and refolding others. Have fun with it, too! Organize your closet by colors or style; it’s something of a challenge and is sure to make the task more entertaining!
- Keep General Clean Habits. To make sure your room doesn’t digress after your initial cleaning, make sure to do the basic cleaning chores weekly. Make time in your weekend to do laundry, vacuum, and do other necessary things to keep your work space tidy. Also, remember making your bed makes all the difference, so do it every now and again.
- Throw Away What You Don’t Need! This one is pretty self explanatory- if you don’t need it, toss it or donate it!
Of course, some of these tips apply more to some than others, but be sure to take a look at your room and decide just what you need to do. I wish you all the best in all your cleaning endeavors!