5 Spring Break Spots Within Driving Distance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Happy Week 9 UC San Diego! It is almost time to wrap up winter quarter and plunge into spring break! We know that spring break might not be on your mind yet due to work and finals, so HC UCSD compiled the top 5 locations for Spring Break, all within driving distance. Stay safe and have fun collegiettes!

1. Sunny San Diego (~5-30 minute drive)

Why leave San Diego when it has so many places to explore? Due to the hectic quarter system, you may not have seen all that San Diego has to offer. Take a drive to Chula Vista for some amazing concerts and Tacos El Gordo. Take a beautiful drive across the bridge to Coronado Island. Visit Belmont Park for a sunny day on the beach and a exciting night at the amusement park. Take advantage of all the wildlife San Diego has to offer by visiting the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Safari Park, the Birch Acquarium, the La Jolla Cove, or SeaWorld. You can also swim with leopard sharks and tons of fish when snorkeling around the La Jolla cove. Take advantage of all San Diego has to offer and enjoy your home sweet home.

2. The Happiest Place on Earth (~1 hour drive)

If you want to go outside the San Diego region, visit the Happiest Place on Earth. Get a park hopper pass and enjoy Anaheim’s amusement parks, Disneyland and California Adventures. Afterwards, visit Corona Del Mar and Newport beach near Irvine for a nice day on the beach and good food. Near the Newport pier, there is an abundance of fun bars and clubs, so you will be sure to have a good night!

3. Pampered like a Princess in Palm Springs (~2 hour drive)

Palm Springs is all about relaxation. This desert attracts its tourists with the numerous spas, massages, and fitness classes. You can also stretch out by hiking, going to museums and theatres, and enjoying the night life. You can also take tours around botanical gardens or go golfing. All in all, you will feel pampered like a princess in Palm Springs.

4. Party Like a Rockstar (~2.5 hour drive)

If you are all about the keeping the collegiette spring break tradition, take a trip to Los Angeles. Hollywood is all a partier could ever want. From the lavish clubs to the underground warehouse parties, Los Angeles has it all. Not to mention, the food is amazing! Further enjoy your stay in Los Angeles by visiting its amazing museums like the Getty museum, LA County Museum of Art, and the La Brea Tar Pits. You won’t regret it!

5. Viva Las Vegas (~5 hour drive)

If you want to go all out, book a hotel at Las Vegas. Walk the strip, watch some shows, eat seafood buffets, and take part in the night life. Day clubs will be open by spring break, so visit pool parties and party all day!

Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.