burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Spring Wardrobe Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Have you heard that it snowed—just yesterday—in the East Coast? While collegiettes in the East Coast may be huddled up in turtle-necks and rainboots during the month of April, we collegiettes, in sunny San Diego, have been enjoying the almost summer-like, sunny weather in the past few days. It is time to say good bye to sweaters and knits and transition into spring-appropriate fashion essentials that will keep you looking trendy and feeling cool!

Oversized Long Sleeves 

In areas with so-called “bipolar” weathers, like our campus, it is important not to let your guards completely down, even when the warmer weathers strike. Although the temperature may heat up to the high 70s during the daytime, it can quickly drop to the 50s as soon as the sun goes down. A long sleeve oversized shirt will keep you cool and breezy during the daytime, but it will also keep your limbs warm when the night falls. 

Floral Skirts

The spring season always blooms with various floral patterned fashion pieces. Floral prints come in diverse forms—ranging in their lengths, colors, and patterns. For both casual and formal occasions, style your outfit around your favorite floral print skirt to embrace the spring vibes.

Distressed Light-washed Boyfriend Jeans

Set aside your dark-washed jeans; we’re bringing lighter, cooler tones back. A pair of distressed light-washed boyfriend jeans is undoubtedly one of the most versatile and comfortable fashion pieces. Want to be comfortable and look put-together at the same time? Try styling your “outfit of the day” around a pair of distressed light-washed boyfriend jeans!

Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.