pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

20 Outfits to Rock at Graduation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Congratulations, collegiettes! The countless nights you spent at your home sweet home, Geisel, are finally being paid off with a long-awaited Bachelors Degree! This certificate will be a one-way ticket to an independent future filled with new and exciting experiences, so make sure you handle it with care. Remember, you are graduating from one of the top 10 public colleges in all of America! No matter which of our six colleges you are graduating from, you will make UC San Diego proud by walking down RIMAC field in a long, black, satin robe, representing the education system and how it benefits our society. Your accomplishments are more than enough to make you radiate, but just in case you want to stand out a little more so that your family and friends can spot you easily in the pool of uniform gowns, here are 10 different outfits that are sure to keep you shining. 

1. A Shoulder to Lean On. You can get this sweet and bohemian dress at one of our favorite online boutiques, Tobi. This dress is casual and comfortable, yet still formal enough to wear to one of the most important moments of your life. The trends that are spotted on this dress, like the open back, off-the-shoulder sleeves, and boxy shape are perfect for you fashionistas. Pair the dress with simple accessories, like a gold chain headpiece, and a pair of your favorite wedges. Try to stray away from wearing stilettos because there is a possibility of sinking into our grassy field!

http://www.tobi.com/product/52243-tobi-my-my-open-shoulder-dress?color_id=74437 

2. Racy Lacey. Finding a dress that has the perfect balance of nice and naughty has got to be one of the more difficult tasks in fashion. This beauty from Dailylook has a pretty A-line shape on the bottom half and is fitted and tight on the top half. There are slits of lace around the waist, which can help accentuate (or fake) an hourglass figure. There are also pretty accents of lace around the deep cleavage cut, which help you from revealing too much skin. Because this dress is a deep, beautiful blue, be bold and wear orange accents to keep your outfit interesting!

3. Sleek and Chic. Who says girls have to wear dresses to graduate? If you are more of a pants type of girl, look into wearing a pair of sophisticated and fitted trousers. These blue and white trousers from Zara have an amazing geometric print that you cannot go wrong with. They stop in the middle of your calves for a casual look. You can pair these impressive bottoms with a crisp white shirt, as shown on the model, or you can wear these in a more daring manner. Dress the bottoms with a top made with the same exact print to stand out even more!

4. The Minimalist. If you aren’t too crazy about the latest fashion trends, but still want to dress up for your special occasion, try this versatile and comfortable dress. You will be the center of attention in this mini dress with mini details. Because the dress is very plain (in the best way possible), it is a blank canvas for you to experiment with. You can make the dress the focus of your outfit by wearing minimal accessories like some dainty stud earrings, or you can put on a loud necklace or sunglasses for a New Yorker look. 

5. Jump into Jumpsuits. Okay, this isn’t exactly a jumpsuit. It’s a jumpsuit’s leg-baring cousin, the romper! We are not sure of the weather forecast on June 14/15, but if you want to be safe and make sure that the San Diego breeze isn’t going to let you have a Marilyn Monroe moment in summery dresses, you can wear a romper! This particular romper is anything but basic with its beautiful pattern, cutout chest, and bare back. Let the romper be the star of your outfit and wear minimal accessories for a balanced look.

6. Daring Darling. If you are heading off to a graduation party right after the ceremony, look into a sequin or beaded dress. This particular dress is from the Kate Moss collection at Topshop. It is a silver beaded fringe tiered dress that screams “Center of Attention.” The beaded fringe flows down to emphasize curves, so the dress is sure to compliment your body. Pop on this dress with a little mascara and you will look ready to jump into the adult world. 

7. The Pretty Girl. We are obsessed with pleated midi skirts, but they aren’t getting as much love as they should be getting. A midi skirt is the way to go if you are looking for a classy and feminine outfit. These skirts flatter all body shapes because they cinch in the waist while flaring out to create an illusion of a tiny waist and curvy bottom. This choice, especially in its deep green color, is sure to catch eyes while keeping the outfit conservative and appropriate for Grandma and Grandpa. 

8. Boho Bells. Here is another piece for the pants lovers. These bell pants are the perfect way to make a sexy statement while staying covered up. It is difficult to find a pair of palazzo pants that fit your body right, so bell bottom pants are a great alternative. The vintage print of these specific pants creates a a sweet and down-to-earth vibe while the spandex of the pants hugs your bum and thighs, allowing your body to steal the spotlight.

9. Mad Prints. If you are into graphic tees and Jeremy Scott-esque articles of clothing, look into brands like Lazy Oaf, Maid in Love, or Evil Twin. This featured dress has a sweet school girl shape; it is a button up dress with a loose fit. The shape of the dress is nothing out of the ordinary. However, the print is what makes this dress a winner. This dress is called the “Love, Peace, and Hair Grease” dress. There are animated characters and drawings of hair grease, combs, musical instruments, and even some lucky cigarettes printed onto this loud dress. We are confident that you won’t have to worry about somebody wearing the same dress as you if you pick this dress.

10. Sasha Fierce. Channel your inner Beyoncè and be Sasha Fierce in this body hugging dress. Unlike basic LBDs, this little number is full of surprises. First, this dress is made of velvet. The material has a luxurious look to it, making it unbelievable that the dress is less than $35. Talk about a good deal! Another pleasant surprise is the open back. A thin strap of fabric holds together the dress in the back, making the dress unbelievably sexy. To add to the sexiness, the dress is asymmetrical on the bottom hem; this means that the dress’ hem is shorter on one side. Show off your legs, back, and sexy figure in this upgraded LBD.
Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.