This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSC chapter.

There is no such thing as a perfect man, but there’s an exception when it comes to a certain genre of fictional men. These are the kind of men you look at and think to yourself, he would definitely treat me right. 

Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds)

What other man do you know that can read 20,000 words per minute and endeavors with magic tricks during his free time? Dr. Spencer Reid. He’s an awkward genius who entices us with his unintentional charm. It’s no shocker that he can put us in awe.

Jonah Simms (Superstore)

Business school in Chicago was not where his heart was set to be, but unknowingly falling in love in St. Louis shaped up this Cloud 9 sales associate’s alluring persona. Jonah Simms is a top notch feminist and isn’t afraid to fight for whatever makes the world a better place.

Phil Dunphy (Modern Family)

Are you a sucker for the ‘he loves her more’ trope in the media? Nothing compares to how much Philip Dunphy loves his wife and three kids. He’s the man you can always count on to support your crazy ideas. That’s why there’s lots of love for this real estate agent and magician.

Nick Miller (New Girl)

The man from the mean streets of Chicago himself, Nicholas Miller. He’s a lovable law school dropout turned bar owner. Nick disliked who he was becoming as a potential lawyer; it’s important to him to stay true to himself. That’s what draws us to this riveting man.

Chandler Bing (Friends)

Chandler Bing, a witty soul with perfect comedic timing. The sarcasm in his every day dialect makes every conversation worth listening to. Not only is he a fun time, he’s a good friend to turn to in a time of need. He will make you feel included and loved. 

Jake Peralta (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)

A well renowned jokester who brings ecstasy to the workplace. Humor is one way to our hearts and Jacob Peralta is no stranger to that task. Jake’s an excellent detective and will do anything in his power to make you feel safe.

Duckie Dale (Pretty In Pink)

The typical underdog in a teenage love story: Philip “Duckie” Dale. Duckie’s the overlooked best friend with a lot of love to share. His dance number at the record store alone is a reason to win us over. He deserved his original happy ending!

Ben Wyatt (Parks and Recreation)

It may feel odd to consider the once elected mayor of Partridge, who ran the town to bankruptcy at only 18 years old, but he grew up to be a mature and supportive husband. Ben Wyatt will make your aspirations feel like they’re within arm’s reach and not a silly fantasy in your head.

One way or another, these men feel like the same man in a different font and there’s no shame in loving them.

I am a third-year literature major at UCSC in the creative writing program.