Off Campus Highlight – Go Ask Alice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSC chapter.

Are dining halls just not good enough tonight? Looking for something to do to get away from campus? No idea on where to get a specific thing? Completely lost the minute you get off at the Metro Station or just looking for a recommendation? Have no fear OCH is here!

Go Ask Alice (formerly known as the Happy Herb Shop) is, well, an herb shop. While the name probably takes from the idea that Alice in Wonderland is one big acid trip, they promise that none of their drugs are hallucinogenic.

What they sell are herbs –nice, natural, legal herbs in powder or loose leaf form. A popular one is Kratom, which some students use to help in their finals.

They support local artists too! They’ve got clothing, tapestries, and hats. All or most of them were made by local artists and that’s pretty rad.

They also have palm readings on Wednesdays from 1-4:00p.m. and Henna tattoo’s on Saturdays from 12-5:00p.m. The prices at Go Ask Alice are fair, but it is a little high. Then again their products are high quality so it’s worth it, if you get what you need!

Hours: Monday-Thursday and Sunday 11:00a.m.-8:00p.m. Fridays and Saturdays 11:00a.m.-9:00p.m.

Directions: From the Metro station cross the street and take a left on Pacific Avenue. Keep an eye on your left and it should pop up!

Until next time, collegiates! 

Clarissa Hyun is a Class of 2016 Psych major at UCSC. She hails from the birthland of the Mac, which she states is very overrated. On her spare time she draws, attempts to write, and eats. Which is totally a hobby. Yes.