Alumni Feature: Maya Rudolph

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSC chapter.

Maya Rudolph is better known as one of the female comedian on NBC’s Saturday Night Live, graduated from UCSC with a B.A in Art with a focus in Photography. She graduated from Porter College, Class of 1995.

Although she lives in New York, she still often reflects on her days in Santa Cruz and uses her experiences as inspiritation for her work. In an interview with Lousise Gilmore Donahue, she mentions that UCSC gave her “mind a chance to roam.” 

Since her time at UCSC, she has been on Saturday Night Live and has been in films such as Bridesmaids and Grown Ups 2. 

My name is Geraldine Nicdao, a UC Santa Cruz '14 Banana Slug Alum. From day one, I was born and raised a U.S. Navy Brat and spent most of my life growing up in Japan. A few things that I absolutely love are steak, fashion, and travel. I am always striving to go beyond the cookie cutter and constantly defying everybody's expectations. One of my biggest accomplishments to date, would be finishing the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco 2013. Not many know this, but I also was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and so I've had my fair challenges balancing the life of a college student and the obstacles of health. My philosophy is: "work hard and play harder" because I believe that self care is important which includes rewarding yourself for the hard work that you do- "treat yo' self!". Looking at my Instagram will give you a bit of an insight to my fun and busy bee life. One of my current projects includes the #BangingBootyProject which is a document of my goals, efforts, and strides on my own health and fitness journey. Over the next few years, I am planning to pursue a second degree in Communications and PR/Marketing.