This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Have you ever had an experience you wanted to share with other people? Or simply had a question you wanted to be answered with accuracy? Well, the app Quora is just the place for that. It is a platform where people can share, comment and answer questions or even share life events to inform other people. Quora also encourages people to use their real names which discourages people from spreading false information. It is not a social media platform but a space where you can ask questions and read what others have to say. The range is endless from what you’ll find on Quora!

However, you do not need to download the app only for the purpose of getting your questions answered because what others have to say is very interesting just in itself. It’s fun and interesting to read what other people have to say about certain questions or situations. I get so caught up reading stories that people share about experiences that happened to them that I lose track of time!

Image via cbsnews​

Although many people who do use quora are merely looking for the advice of others. As you scroll you will notice a lot of post end with “what should I do?” “How should I go about…?” or “Am I being…?”. Many times we ourselves can not judge our own actions and we are stuck in a situation where we do not know what to do but this site is a quick and easy way to receive honest answers. Who better to tell the truth than a stranger on the other side of the screen.

The best part about Quora is that you can search up a topic and anything related to the word or phrase you type in will appear. I purposely use Quora to read on topics I find interesting and see what other people have said about it. Many people who talk about experiences or who comment also go in detail with their answers which makes it even more worth reading because of it not being filled with just meaningless short answers. In true honesty, Quora is a fun app where you can go and read other peoples experiences and sometimes even learn from them!

Karen is a first year at UCSB, pursuing a B.S in Psychological Brain Sciences. She is originally from Los Angeles and enjoys trying new food, taking adventures and taking pictures!
Adar Levy

UCSB '19

Adar is a fourth-year student at UC Santa Barbara, studying Sociology. She is an avid creative writer, podcast listener, music enthusiast, and foodie. Loving everything from fashion and lifestyle to women's empowerment, she hopes to work for a major women's publication one day. See what Adar is up to on Instagram @adarbear.