This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

The Disney vault is finally open and we are all able to hold the key! On November 12th the streaming world became more magical with the addition of Disney+. As we all know, Netflix is our tried and true, but is there room for one more on the couch? Disney+ has made its mark on the streaming world in the last two weeks of it being available— with over 10 million subscribers on launch day, Disney+ has already become a frontrunner in the streaming world. Could this be the start of something new?

Let’s look over a few reasons why Disney+ is the best of both worlds.

Right off the bat, a huge reason viewers are flocking to Disney+ is the nostalgia factor. How long have we been waiting to rewatch Miley reveal she’s Hannah Montana, or watch Lizzie, Gordo, and Miranda go up against Kate, or see Raven have a vision? Every beloved Disney Channel show of our childhood is finally available to watch at the click of a button and there’s no reason we can’t cozy up in bed and binge these shows to our heart’s desire. Not only is every Disney Channel show available, but also all of our favorite teen movies such as High School Musical, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, Hannah Montana: The Movie, Camp Rock, Smart House, Motocrossed, the list goes on and on. Disney+ is allowing us to relive our childhood and we’re here for it!

Now let’s not forget about the fact that all of the original Disney and Pixar movies are available as well! I’m talking every princess movie, Frozen, Moana, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, Pirates of the Carribean, Cars. Should I keep going? The massive collection of content on Disney+ is unbelievable and overwhelming. How can I choose which one of my favorites to watch?

On top of all of Disney’s original content on the platform, for the first time ever we can now watch all of the Star Wars movies in one place in 4K Ultra HD. The force is strong on this platform! Disney+ is also creating original content such as the Star Wars spin-off The Mandalorian, the new show High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, The World According to Jeff Goldblum, and many more. Oh, and did I mention the entire Marvel Universe is also available? It just keeps getting better and better.

If all this content doesn’t convince you, then let’s talk money. For just $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year you can stream all things to infinity and beyond on Disney+. If you want even more bang for your buck, you can purchase the Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ bundled package for just $12.99 a month, which is the exact price of Netflix’s standard plan. I think we should all take a moment to thank Disney+ for bringing back our childhood and allowing us to rediscover the magic of our favorite movies, while also experiencing new exciting content. This truly is what dreams are made of.

All images via Giphy 

Elizabeth is a fourth year Communication major at the University of California, Santa Barbara. She grew up in a loud Italian family, and is the youngest of 5 siblings. Elizabeth is from a small mountain town in So-Cal called Big Bear Lake. Some of her favorite things are shopping, makeup, and watching The Office continuously. She is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for the UCSB HerCampus chapter. Elizabeth aspires to one day own her own business. Follow her journey on Instagram @elizabeth_filia
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus