What Happened, Hollywood?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s that time of the week when you might be asking, What Happened, Hollywood? Let’s get started!

1. Congrats to the best vampire couple ever

Ian Somherhalder and Nikki Reed tied the knot on Sunday, April 26,  in Malibu. The couple asked guests to donate money to their animal rescue charity instead of wedding gifts. They’re both such hot humanitarians – literally a match made in heaven. Also…look at how boho-elegant Nikki’s wedding dress was.

2. Tattoo my name on you so I know it’s real

Tyga just proved to Kylie that their relationship is real. Tyga got Kylie’s name tattooed across his bicep…we don’t know how we feel about a seventeen year old dating a twenty-five year old father, but the only thing that makes this acceptable is their long friendship prior to dating. Even then, something’s off.

3. Oops she did it again

Poor Britney. Britney was performing in Vegas when her ankle gave out. Not only does this look like a painful fall, but she even got up and continued performing! Talk about “the show must go on.”

4. The Pretty Little Liars trailer is released

The official trailer is out! Here you go…you’re welcome!

5. Free Jay-Z concert

Jay-Z has taken on a new project called Tidal. This is a subscription-based online music streaming service created to take out Spotify, Pandora, and all other music services. Jay-Z has top notch artists backing him up who will strike up contracts with him in hopes of expanding Tidal within the music industry. Jay-Z is so devoted to the success of Tidal that he is going to have a free concert only for subscribers. Hmmm…so he’s bribing people to subscribe or is he trying really hard to keep his current subscribers…either way, he’s trying!

6. The Princess is here

Kate Middleton and Prince William stepped out just after 12 short hours in the delivery room to present the world with the new addition to the Royal family! The baby girl’s name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.  Also, how cute is Queen Elizabeth II wearing pink – an ode to her newly born great granddaughter.

Mya McCann is a fourth year literature student in the College of Creative Studies at UCSB. She currently lives in Bangkok, Thailand and is in the business of running BKK. On the weekends you can find Mya either in the jungle or on an island. On the weekdays she studies Thai and Buddhism and teaches English to sex workers in the red light district. You can follow her adventures on IG: MyaJoy
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus