What Happened, Hollywood?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s that time of the week when you might be asking “What Happened, Hollywood?” Let’s get started…

1. Big Sean & Ariana Grande Split

It’s true, the cute couple split earlier this week after only 8 months of dating.  *Cue Ariana Grande song “Almost Is Never Enough”*

2. FullER House

YES!!  John Stamos aka Uncle Jesse confirmed that there will be a 13 episode spin off on Netflix in 2016. Have Mercy!

3. Bruce Jenner Confirms Transition

Bruce Jenner confirmed that “for all intents and purposes, I am a woman.” This has been a transition Jenner started in the 80’s but finally tells all in his interview with Diane Sawyer. According to Jenner, Kim and Kanye have been the most supportive thus far when it comes to his transition, with Khloe having the toughest time due to the loss of her biological father. It seems like Khloe can’t wrap her head around losing a second father, too.  If one thing is true, it’s when Bruce said,  “I am nothing if I can’t be me.”

4. Man Hooters Restaurant?

Ever wonder why a restaurant with eye candy for men exists but nothing for women? Hooters has been a huge success and someone has finally caught on. There’s going to be a restaurant with half-naked male waiters called “Tallywackers.” Sadly, the place is only opening in Dallas, Texas but we can easily predict that this will be a huge success and will hopefully expand to Los Angeles!

5. Nostalgia At Its Finest

For all of you White Chicks fans, your dream has come true. Terry Crews performs “A Thousand Miles” in Spike’s hit TV show Lip Sync Battle.

Watch this to relive your favorite moment of the epic movie, White Chicks!

Mya McCann is a fourth year literature student in the College of Creative Studies at UCSB. She currently lives in Bangkok, Thailand and is in the business of running BKK. On the weekends you can find Mya either in the jungle or on an island. On the weekdays she studies Thai and Buddhism and teaches English to sex workers in the red light district. You can follow her adventures on IG: MyaJoy
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus