What Happened, Hollywood?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

You might be asking “What Happened, Hollywood?” Let’s get started…

1. First Kelly, Now Kathy!

You remember when that whole Zendaya comment bursted out of control a couple of weeks ago? And when Giuliana publicly apologized? And when Kelly decided to leave Fashion Police? Well it turns out that Joan Rivers’ replacement, Kathy Griffin has finally decided to leave after only shooting 7 episodes for the show!

Griffin said in an interview that “After seven episodes of Fashion Police, I discovered that my style doesn’t fit with the creative direction of the show & now it’s time to move on.”

Melissa Rivers, Joan’s daughter, will take a spot on the show for now, but now who’s going to be the replacement’s replacement? Maybe it’ll be Khloe Kardashian? We don’t know the deets, but how accurate is Brad’s face right now? 

2. Spring is Coming, and the Stars Are Falling

First Madonna fell down – or rather, was pulled off – a flight of stairs during her performance at the 2015 Brit Awards, and now Ariana Grande fell while singing “Bang Bang” on her Honeymoon Tour. The difference between Madonna and Ariana’s fall is how they reacted, Ariana graciously shrugged it off but Madonna…not so much.

3.      Jim Parsons: New Member of the Walk of Fame

On March 11, 2015, Jim Parsons was awarded with a Walk of Fame star after winning one Golden Globe and four Emmy’s for his famous role as a socially inept physicist on the hit show, The Big Bang Theory. Welcome to Hollywood!

4. Frozen 2!

After winning over everyone’s hearts and grossing up to $1.2 billion at the box office, Frozen is finally in the works for a sequel as we speak.

Here’s how Kristen Bell broke the news to us on Twitter.

5.      Robin Thicke & Pharrell Williams Get Sued

Here’s the low down: Robin Thicke and Pharrell have been sued for $7.3 million for copyright infringement! That’s right, the duo were found guilty for allegedly stealing the intellectual property of Marvin Gaye’s 70’s song, “Got to Give It Up.” Let’s just say that we don’t know how Robin & Pharrell will get out of this one. The music does not lie, hit single Blurred Lines sounds like a revamped version of Gaye’s original song! Listen for yourself here:

6. New Music: Miguel ft. Ludacris- Good Lovin’

I’m not going to lie, hearing Ludacris again takes me back to those middle school days. Listen here to this heartfelt song, we love it! 

Mya McCann is a fourth year literature student in the College of Creative Studies at UCSB. She currently lives in Bangkok, Thailand and is in the business of running BKK. On the weekends you can find Mya either in the jungle or on an island. On the weekdays she studies Thai and Buddhism and teaches English to sex workers in the red light district. You can follow her adventures on IG: MyaJoy
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus