What Happened, Hollywood?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s that time of the week when you might be asking What Happened, Hollywood? Let’s get started…

1. The Duff clan expands

Hilary Duff’s sister, Haylie, just gave birth to baby girl, Ryan! Maybe she’ll be a teen-pop sensation like her cool auntie.

2. Backyard sessions

Do any of you remember when Miley Cyrus was cool and hipster wearing her John Lennon inspired sunglasses? Yeah, and when she’d have backyard jam sessions and post them on Youtube? Well she had a backyard jam session with Ariana Grande (minus the cute hipster stuff)! This is a MUST watch! 

3. Azeem?

Everyone is probably wondering who this Azeem flute guy is & why he’s been blowing up. He’s currently a UCSB student who created a FB page for his flute recital – initially only for friends and family – but someone in the UK found it, thought it was intriguing, and by the power of the internet, Azeem became a hit sensation! So much that Buzzfeed wrote an article about him and he was on Jimmy Kimmel last night. Also, did we mention that someone from the UK actually flew out to Santa Barbara to attend his flute recital!? He’s UCSB’s next prodigy!

4. Rihanna kills it…what’s new?

We don’t even have words for Rihanna’s new Dior campaign, you have to see this perfection for yourself.

5. Hilary Duff’s New Music Video

Everyone needs to watch Hilary Duff’s new music video called “Sparks”…oh and buy her album, of course.

6.      First One Direction interview without Zayn

On The Late Late Show with James Corden, One Direction kept getting slammed with questions about Zayn leaving the band & even address if they’re going to be replacing Zayn with someone new. Watch here!

Mya McCann is a fourth year literature student in the College of Creative Studies at UCSB. She currently lives in Bangkok, Thailand and is in the business of running BKK. On the weekends you can find Mya either in the jungle or on an island. On the weekdays she studies Thai and Buddhism and teaches English to sex workers in the red light district. You can follow her adventures on IG: MyaJoy
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus