Sex + Relationships

Valentine Gift Ideas for a New Relationship

Valentine’s Day is coming up just around the corner. For those who have just DTR, here are some ideas to gift your new sweetheart!

Image via Parade

1. Alcoholic Valentine’s Box

Image via ampedasia

This is the perfect gift for the significant other (21+) in your life. This gift can be personalized to their style, and the slogan is both witty and fun! Add a ribbon for some extra zest!

2. Drinks and the Sunset

Image via GiseleChic                                                                                                                                

Grab your SO’s favorite drink and a blanket and head over to the beach to watch the sunset. What better way to get to know them than talk and watch the cotton candy sky as the sun sets?

3. Mixtape

Image via RapRehab

Let’s bring it back to the early 2000s with the creation of mixtapes tailored for your SO. Compile music to your heart’s content and express the feelings that you are struggling to show them!

4. Cooking for your SO

Image via GeniusKitchen

Spend a night in and cook for your SO instead of experiencing the pressures of a Valentine’s dinner. Create their favorite meal and baked goods! Bonus points if you add a pun (you got a pizza my heart!).

5. Inside Jokes

Image via Amazon

Every new couple has inside jokes. Find a way to turn these facts into a present. For example, buy them a toy plane to represent their desire for a private jet, and include a witty line.

Shannie Kuo is a graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara, and has a degree in English. Her passions include health, fitness, photography, and food and she always strives to look for balance within her life. She enjoys going to the farmers market, discovering new coffee shops, and meeting new people. She hopes to find a career that will reflect her passions and allow her to connect with people nationwide.