The Ultimate 2015-2016 UCSB Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

There is truly no place in the world like UC Santa Barbara, and our students will not shut up about it. From its beautiful ocean views to its vibrant student community, what is there not to brag about?

Her Campus UCSB has compiled your ultimate bucket list for the school year below!

1. Climb to the top of Storke Tower

2. Picnic in the middle of the bike loop

3. Ride the Ferris Wheel at Pardall Carnival 

4. Eat McConnell’s Ice Cream downtown on State Street

5. Celebrate Floatopia (The tradition lives on!)

6. Throw tortillas at a UCSB vs. SLO soccer game

7. Go to a concert held by AS Program Board at The Hub (which has had Childish Gambino, Mac Demarco, Branchez, and more!) 

8. See UCSB Alumni Jack Johnson perform live on campus

9. Live on oceanside DP

10. Get fresh produce from local farms at the Gaucho Certified Farmer’s Market every Wednesday at Campbell Hall! 

11. Order food from SB Menus

12. Eat an açai bowl at Backyard Bowls

13. Go to a BFOM A Capella Concert…or if you’re lucky, catch them helping with a surprise marriage proposal 

14. Be part of the annual May 23rd Isla Vista Memorial Paddle Out

15. DLG LATE NIGHT. 

16. Check out Santa Barbara Public Market 

17. Climb the rock wall between Trigo and Pasado on 66 block 

18. Volunteer with CAB (Community Affairs Board) with their Alternative Breaks program 

19. Do “the Loop” in IV!

20. Jog to Campus Point

21. Visit Knapp’s Castle at sunset

22. Soak in the natural hot springs and camp at the Gaviota Wind Caves

23. Swim at Red Rock

24. Enjoy a movie with friends at West Wind Santa Barbara Drive-In Movie Theater 

25. Order nachos at Freebirds

26. Join in on the annual UCSB undie run

Hope that you’re ready for a great, fun-filled year, Gauchos!

Siobhán is a fourth year English major at UCSB. She is originally from the Bay Area and still misses hearing "hella" on the daily. She loves the ocean, photography/ film, music, and good eats (especially burritos). In her free time, she likes to obsessively watch Netflix, watch the sunset, and experiment with new recipes in the kitchen! You can see what she is up to on her instagram @swetzelll.
Allison is a Global Studies major at the University of California, Santa Barbara. She is the Assistant Editor at Her Campus UCSB a contributor to the chapter's Instagram, @hercampusucsb. Allison believes that life is about balances, but that you can never have too many breakfast burritos. You can follow Allison's personal Instagram at @allycnco for life around Santa Barbara, good eats, and travels!
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.