The Top 7 Coffee Shops to Try in Santa Barbara

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Nothing is better than enjoying the cool Santa Barbara breeze with a delicious cup of joe while catching up with a friend or doing some homework. But rather than going to your local Starbucks and getting the same boring drink every time, check out some of these super trendy and delicious coffee shops around Santa Barbara!

1. The French Press

One of the most popular coffee shops in Santa Barbara, The French Press offers a wide variety of brews and pastries. Every drink is carefully crafted and every pastry is fresh and handmade. Offering outside and inside eating, it’s the perfect place to hangout with friends or do work!

2. Santa Barbara Roasting Company

The Santa Barbara Roasting Company, also known as “RoCo” is especially known for their unique blends. They grind their beans right in front of you and offer a variety of different ways to brew it as well!

3.  Vices & Spices

A boutique café that has been around for almost 35 years, Vices & Spices has an incredibly quaint and unique atmosphere. On top of their delicious drinks, tea leafs, and pastries, they also offer a variety of candies and fun souvenirs. Vices & Spices provides board games and doesn’t offer wi-fi so you can spend quality time with your friends and family!

4. Coffee Cat

A fun atmosphere with a great selection of drinks, the Coffee Cat has different juices, coffee, blended drinks, and Italian sodas. On top of their wide variety, they also offer pastries and frozen treats!

5. Handlebar Coffee Roasters

Run by the cutest local couple, Handlebar Coffee Roasters offers coffee from Ethiopia, to Colombia, to Guatemala. On top of their delicious coffee and treats, they also sell biking apparel, shirts, and mugs!

6.  Good Cup Downtown

A local favorite, Good Cup has a strong following by Santa Barbara natives. They offer comfortable couches and large workspaces, making it perfect for doing work and enjoying the Santa Barbara sunshine.

7.  Daily Grind Coffee & Tea Station

Sick of the same old breakfast routine? The Daily Grind has the best muffins, crossaints, and pastries – all handmade! They also offer a wide variety of bagel sandwiches, breakfast burritos, and sandwiches to complement their delicious coffee perfectly.

Whether you’re on the go, meeting with friends, or just trying to catch up on your readings, these coffee shops offer some of the best roasts and blends in the area!

Julia is a 2nd year Communication Major and French Minor! She has a huge sweet tooth and spends the majority of her time watching Netflix, eating copious amounts of food (and spending copious amounts of money on it), and drinking coffee. You can follow Julia on Instagram and Twitter @juliaachunng.