Top 5 Outfit Ideas to Accommodate Your Thanksgiving Food Baby

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Turkey and stuffing, creamed corn, pumpkin pie… If there is one thing that we are excited about this Thanksgiving break, it is definitely the food. To keep you from awkwardly unbuttoning your pants mid-meal, squirming uncomfortably in your seat while regretting your attire, or giving up dessert in fear of the infamous food coma, we’ve come up with some cute outfit ideas that will accommodate your guilt-free feast.

1. Shift Dress – Loose, free-flowing, and super stylish! Shift dresses are there for you when you really need that extra serving of mashed potatoes. Pair it with a cute statement necklace and throw on some flats or booties for the perfect fall look that shows off your legs AND hides the belly!

2. Maxi Skirt – Every girl knows that maxi skirts are one of the easiest cheats to looking chic and put-together when really, we just didn’t feel like putting that much effort into our outfits that day. With its stretchy waistband and ample leg room, the maxi skirt proves faithful yet again. With so many fun prints, patterns and different ways to dress them up, it is always a go-to. Plus, it’s conservative enough for grandma’s house.

3. Babydolls – Like the shift dress, babydoll tops or dresses are perfect for hiding your stomach. The tiered or cinched stitching that makes the shape of babydolls unique helps put less of an emphasis on your body shape. Which is great, because who wants to see my post-Thanksgiving meal body anyway?

4. Leggings – Ditch the jeans and jeggings. The last thing we want to worry about is having room for the freshly baked pies straight from the oven, not the constricting waistline of denim clothing. For a nicer outfit than your “hungover on a Saturday Lulus and bro tank” look, you can never go wrong with leggings, an oversized top or tunic, a scarf and boots! Fall fashion and laziness CAN go together – yes, it can.

5. Oversized Knit Sweater – The chunky texture and roomy shape of these cozy sweaters are best for disguising the semi-permanent muffin top you have just recently acquired, as well as for the perfect food coma-induced slumber.

Her Campus UCSB wishes our readers a Happy Thanksgiving and a happy Thanksgiving feast! In our opinion, looking great and eating to your heart’s content should never have to be a problem.

Allison is a Global Studies major at the University of California, Santa Barbara. She is the Assistant Editor at Her Campus UCSB a contributor to the chapter's Instagram, @hercampusucsb. Allison believes that life is about balances, but that you can never have too many breakfast burritos. You can follow Allison's personal Instagram at @allycnco for life around Santa Barbara, good eats, and travels!
Connie Lin is a Campus Correspondent and writer for the Her Campus team at UC Santa Barbara. She is a second year majoring in Communication and is looking forward to a career in PR. On campus, she is the public relations coordinator for CAB (Community Affairs Board), which holds volunteer events to bring the campus and community together, along with working as a ticketing assistant for UCSB Arts & Lectures. In her free time, she enjoys new adventures, reading blogs, CAJE dates and obsessing over pugs. See what she's up to on Twitter & Instagram! @heyitsconnie