Top 10 Drugstore Makeup Products for Under $5!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

As college students we are trying to get the most for our buck. We don’t all have the means to buy $30 blush, so here are some affordable but reliable drugstore makeup products that are just as good–or even better–than those high-end products! 

1. Wet N’ Wild Megalast Lipcolors, $2.99

These affordable pigmented lipsticks have a vibrant color that lasts all day! My favorite has to be Think Pink!

2. E.L.F. Cosmetics Eyebrow Kit, $3

Want to keep your eyebrows tamed and defined? Instead of reaching for Benefit Comsetic’s Brow Zing or any of the Anastasia eyebrow products, try this inexpensive yet effective product. 

3. N.Y.C. Sunny Smooth Skin Bronzer, $2.99

This brilliant bronzer really brings a matte contour to your face, adding a little color during the paleness of winter time!

4. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, $3.97

For the oily girls out there, this powder is an essential in the spring and summer so your makeup doesn’t melt off! Stay matte with Rimmel! 

5. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Nude, $3.97 

Using this eyeliner on your bottom waterline is an effortless way to brighten up your face and look wide awake even though you’ve been up all night studying. This liner is smooth and delicate so it glides on with no hassle! 

6. NYX Concealer in a Jar, $4.95 

With a wide selection of color and tones, this buildable concealer helps cover any fine lines, veins, and dark circles you may have on your face.

7. Jordana Fabu Liner, $2.99- $3.50

This is a dark, pigmented felt-tip liner with long lasting power. Both the BOLD and regular Fabu Linters work well – it just depends on your mood!

8. Wet N’ Wild Eyeshadow Trios, $2.99

These eyeshadows give great color pay-off and are identical to many of the high-end shadows you’d find at Sephora, Ulta, or MAC. 

9. Maybelline One-by-One Volum’ Express Mascara, $4.79

If long, lengthy, and voluminous lashes are what you desire, this mascara will do the trick. It’s great for lifting the roots of your lashes and giving them that extra height!

10. E.L.F. Cosmetics Studio Blushes, $3

These blushes are already pretty well-known because they are so hard to pass by. For only $3 it’s hard to not collect all of the colors!

Rachel is a senior at UC Santa Barbara and studies Communication and Global Peace and Security. Rachel is from a small, beautiful town in southern California called Palos Verdes. However, Palos Verdes is just one of the many places Rachel has lived. Rachel spent her childhood moving and traveling all over the world, living in places such as Indianapolis, Indiana; Santiago, Chile; Vienna, Austria; and Orlando, Florida. Rachel has found her heart and her home in California, choosing to spend her college years in sunny Santa Barbara. However, Rachel continued her wanderlust when she studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain in Fall 2012. At UCSB, Rachel is an immensely dedicated and involved member of her sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma, where she held the positions of Panhellenic Delegate, Inter-Greek Counselor, Rho Gam, and a member of the Nominating Slate. Best Buddies, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is a passion of Rachel's, as she is their Social Media Coordinator as well as an active and proud member. As a member of the Lambda Pi Eta Communication Honors Society, Rachel is able to implement her prowess and affinity for communication and communication-related issues. When Rachel is not writing, participating in Kappa events, or volunteering, you can find her in the gym, on the soccer field, watching Modern Family, or cooking. Rachel's love for sports, food, and writing often times go hand-in-hand, as one may see in her weekly blogs. For the past two summers, Rachel has been freelance writing for the Los Angeles Times, and hopes to continue her career pursuit of journalism after she graduates. Rachel is elated to be a part of Her Campus's fabulous team and loves every moment of it!