sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Things to Look Forward to in October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s October! Can you believe how quickly time is going by? I love the end of the year because I personally like cold weather since I get to break out all my sweaters among other things. With that in mind, here are some things to look forward to in the month of October! 

1. Pumpkin patches and hayrides 

Get ready for those pumpkin patch pictures!!! 

2. Pumpkin Related Foods

Pumpkin pies and pumpkin spice lattes, enough said. Oh, and if you love pumpkin seeds like my old roommate Elisabeth, you’d be looking forward to this month too. 

3.Inktober 

Inktober is this really cool event where artists all over the world take on a challenge to create a work with ink everyday for the entire month of October. Everyday there is a different theme and artists make a drawing with ink that has to do with the theme. It is amazing to see what artists come up with and according to my roommate, around 200,000 artists worldwide take part in this amazing challenge! If you’re interested, check out the Instagram and Twitter hashtag #inktober! (Also, shoutout to my roommate Sandy for letting me use her Inktober drawings for this article! If you like her work, you can check out more of her drawings @artventure.time on Instagram!) 

4.Sweater Weather!!! 

As I mentioned before, I love layering up. So with the year coming to an end, that means the weather gets colder. Now I finally get to wear my sweaters again and they are so  comfortable and cute! I just can’t get enough of them! 

5. Halloween 

I know we aren’t kids anymore, but that shouldn’t stop us from dressing up on Halloween!  It is still super fun–even if you’re not trick or treating!

Hope you all have a wonderful October and enjoy all these things!

Hello! Devonne is a fourth year Chinese major with an applied psychology minor. She loves to binge watch shows on Netflix, trying out new food, and writing her penpals during her free time. She has an obsession with being organized and the Container Store a little too much. She is also interested in learning more about watercolor painting and modern calligraphy. 
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay