Things to Do During Study Breaks Thanks to Our #HCSurvivalKit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

We’re in the middle of midterms, which means the study grind is on. The library is jam-packed and Yerba intake is at an all-time high, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t let yourself take a break! You deserve it. Here are some fun ways to do so, a la our Her Campus Survival Kit (psst, keep an eye on our Insta, we’re giving away some goodies soon!): 

1. Do a face mask

Image via Unwritten

The ultimate quick destressor. Freeman’s Cucumber + Pink Salt and Charcoal + Black Sugar Mud Masks wake us up with added physical exfoliants. The Manuka Honey + Tea Tree one doubles as a cleanser too, which means more sleep before exams!

2. Maintain your tan

Image via CollegeTimes

Winter is coming, which means our tans are fading! Maintain your summer glow by fake tanning with some amazing L’Oreal Sublime Bronze products.

3. Online shop

Image via Her Campus

Stock up on some cute fall accessories! Aeropostale has so many cute accessories, like cute hair-ties, chokers, and sunglasses (still necessary here in SB).

4. Plan your schedule

Image via Giphy

Use your 20-minute break to practice your fishtail. Our favorite Bed Head products like the Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo and Masterpiece Shine Hairspray add texture and shine to make any hairstyle you want to try easy and long-lasting.

5. Grab a sweet snack

Image via Tenor

Sugar is always the answer for a temporary energy booster. We like Hi-Chews ’cause they’re chewy, so that helps keep us awake, too!

6. Organize

Image via Tenor

Your bacpack, your desk, or the toiletries on your bathroom sink. Be extra and add a Steripod on your toothbrush to protect extra bacteria from getting to your brush. The worst thing ever would be to get sick during midterms!

Our fab survival kit with the aforementioned products!

Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)