A Spring Break Travel Guide, Featuring the City of Angels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Spring break is just around the corner, and some of us probably have some crazy fun travel plans, like going on a tropical getaway to Hawaii or maybe even traveling abroad… while others prefer to sleep in and binge watch every single episode of their favorite show.

No matter which kind of gal you are, this travel guide is for those who enjoy a little bit of venturing but aren’t committed to the time, money (and energy) of a whole week-long trip.

And what better place to explore than the City of Angels? Here, you’ll find the guide divided into three parts: Places to Visit, Foods to Eat, and Things to Do. Happy exploring!

1. Places to Visit

Image via Unsplash

Here, you’ll find different places to check out—from funky, Instagram-worthy museums to vibrant districts and unique little towns.

1. The Broad

2. The Observatory

3. Museum of Illusions

4. Museum of Ice Cream

5. Museum of Broken Relationships

6. Urban Light at LACMA

7. The Last Bookstore

8. Grand Central Market

9. Little Tokyo

10. Arts District

11. Santa Monica Pier

12. Venice Beach

2. Foods to Eat

Image via Unsplash

LA is full of hidden-gem coffee shops and offers superb food for any occasion!

1. Alfred Coffee

2. Café Gratitude

3. Urth Caffe

4. Eggslut

5. California Donuts

6. The Pie Hole

7. Sprinkles ATM

8. Perch

9. Sugarfish

10. Marugame Monzo Udon

3. Things to Do

Image via Unsplash

LA has a little of everything: hiking trails for the adventurous ones, shopping centers for the shopaholics and even weekly big-name concerts for the avid concert-goers.

Here are some things you can do in LA:

1. Hike behind the Hollywood sign

2. Hike at Runyon Canyon Park

3. Shop at Americana at Brand and The Grove

4. Go to a concert at the Hollywood Bowl

5. Visit some hidden gem coffee shops and stores

6. Visit a museum

7. Take pictures with art walls

8. Attend the LA Food and Wine Festival

9. Attend Smorgasburg and try food from local vendors

Happy spring break collegiettes!

Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)