This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Spring break is one of the most wonderful times of the year and it’s coming soon!

Since we only have a week between quarters (there is a lot you can jam into that week) many of us will be staying in Santa Barbara for Spring Break. BUT don’t worry, there are so many things you can do here to have an awesome Spring Break, here are a few ideas:

1.  Camping

There are many options for camping in Santa Barbara, either in the mountains or at the beach. If you don’t have camping gear, no need to worry. The UCSB Rec Center has all the equipment you need. They rent out sleeping bags, tents, sleeping pads, camp chairs, etc. The rates for renting camping equipment through them are very affordable. My favorite beach camping spots are at El Capitan and Refugio State Beaches. They are first come first serve and only a 20 minute drive from Isla Vista.

2. Hiking

Along with camping, Santa Barbara has an abundant amount of hiking trails that range from easy to difficult. All of these hikes can be found at http://santabarbarahikes.com.

3. Funkzone Food Tour

As we all know, Santa Barbara has some pretty awesome restaurants. You can spend a day with friends enjoying all the wonderful food in the area known as the “Funkzone” in downtown Santa Barbara. Tours run every week from Thursday-Saturday.

4. Spend A Day At The Santa Barbara Zoo

If you have never been to the SB Zoo, you should go check it out. You get to look at cute animals and get a tan at the same time! Admission is affordable too!

5. Relax At The Salt Caves

Who doesn’t like being completely de-stressed? This is the perfect way to shake the winter quarter and prepare for the spring quarter. The salt caves are located conveniently on State Street.

6. Eat At La Superica-Taqueria

This is one of Santa Barbara’s secret gems. If you love Mexican food, you have got to try this place out. The food is very affordable and filling. They have the most amazing fresh watermelon juice as well. It is located next to downtown Santa Barbara and is a MUST try. This yummy restaurant is also popular among many celebrities who live in or visit Santa Barbara.

7. Spend A Day Being A Tourist.

Many of us at UCSB are not actually from Santa Barbara. Since we don’t get much time during the busy quarters to explore SB, why not do it during Spring Break? There are many historical & beautiful things to see in Santa Barbara. The Courthouse Views, The Botanical Gardens, Stearns Wharf, just to name a few!

8. For Nighttime Ideas, Go to a Movie at the Goleta Drive-In Theater

Located conveniently down the hill from UCSB, this drive in movie-theater is such a fun idea for a date night or with a group of friends. Most movie times start around sunset so you can enjoy a beautiful view while watching a new movie.

9. Beach Days & Beach BBQS.

Santa Barbara is an amazing place to enjoy Spring Break because we are located literally on the beach. Grab your friends and have a few beach days, get a nice tan, and take a dip in the ocean! The weather has already been perfect so I can’t imagine what it will be like by the time Spring Break hits. There are many beaches that also have BBQ pits that make a regular beach day perfect!

Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.