jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Recalling Your First Time… Drinking a Pumpkin Spice Latte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s that time of year again, the weather cools down (60 degrees for Santa Barbara), boots become our fall staples, and last but not least the PSL drinkers come out of hiding. Drinking a pumpkin spice latte is said to change your life. Here is what some Starbucks frequenters thought when they recalled their first time.

Morgan Folger, 1st year: I remember it like it was yesterday. I don’t remember why, but something told me to go into my local Starbucks, and I asked the barista for the newest fall drink. As I took a sip, I was filled with warm joy and I knew that nothing in the world could ever make me feel as content as the way the pumpkin and spice blended together in perfect harmony. Its not just a latte, it’s a lifestyle.

Megan Mashal, 4th year: It tastes exactly how my candle at home smells…and weirdly enough I’m totally okay with that.

Chad Gledhill, 2nd year: October of 2012, if was pretty cold outside and I was thirsty. I usually get iced coffee or hot black coffee. After trying a venti pumpkin spice latte I now get two or three per season. It was like a blanket of pumpkin and the taste of autumn.

Amanda Bazini, 3rd year: First time I drank a PSL was because I saw the hashtag on Twitter. I think its so overrated you don’t even taste the pumpkin! 

Ian Wilson, 4th year: It was okay. Wasn’t that spicy and was too sweet, by the time I was done with it…I was sick of it.