Rainy Day Style Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Happy January Ladies…the month of rainy days and cold weather! Being in Santa Barbara, the month of January and the entire winter season is such a mystery. One day it’s a beautiful, sunny 70 degrees, and the next day it’s pouring rain and freezing cold. Yikes! But let’s not fuss over this cold, rainy weather and celebrate a time to bring out cozy sweaters and fun rain boots! It’s an opportunity to finally pull out that cute beanie and matching scarf! Let’s celebrate!

So to get you started, here are some outfit inspirations for those cold, rainy days for the following occasions:

1. A Rainy Day Out
  2. A Rainy Night Out
  3. A Rainy School Day
  4. A Lazy, Rainy Day In

1. A Rainy Day Out

Whether that means running errands or taking a step outside to grab coffee with friends, a rainy day out calls for the following key items: cute rain boots and a cozy coat. These two staple items will garantee you stay warm and dry as you go about your day! 

2. A Rainy Night Out

When it comes to going out on a cold, rainy night, finding that balance between night time chic and still keeping warm can be a real struggle. Black leather booties and a chic, dark, jacket is a staple. You can never go wrong with black boots and a dark colored jacket should already be a staple in your closet! 

3. A Rainy School Day

Cute and Comfortable…key to surviving a rainy school day. Rain resistant jackets and vests are always a cozy and cute staple for a rainy school day. Pair it was some rain boots or rain resistance combat boots to ensure your feet stay warm. Top it off with a cute scarf or beanie and you’ll stay warm all day! 

4. A Lazy, Rainy Day In

For those lazy, rainy days in, every girl needs a cute cozy long sleeve or sweater paired with some warm sweatpants! Throw that hair up and spend your day cozying up with a cup of tea and your netflix account! 

My name is Patricia Martin. I am currently a third year BFA dance major at UCSB. I am originally from Sacramento, CA. I have been dancing for seventeen years now and have not stopped. I am continuing my training in dance here at UCSB in order to meet my goal to one day be a part of a professional dance company. I also strive to become a choreographer and create works that will inspire other dancers and artists. Although dance is my life, my number one goal in life is to create and inspire whether that be through my dancing, performance or through writing. I am not the best speaker for I am best at expressing myself through movement and written words. And if I am able to use those two things and inspire someone, I am happy.