The Process of Becoming Belieber

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

So we all know that we have our phases with our favorite bad boy, the Biebz. He came out with ‘One Time’ and our teenage selves were hooked on that sweet little baby face of his. And then ‘Baby’ and ‘One Less Lonely Girl’ came out and the posters went up in the rooms, dreams were dreamt about that luscious skater boy haircut, and Justin Bieber became that nice boy every brace-faced teenager ever wanted.

But then, Selena Gomez happened. And fame. And our favorite baby faced crooner grew up? What happened to the nice guy we all loved? Ugh, c’mon Justin, you’re better than that! Slowly but surely, the Bieber fever was diminishing. And we were sad. But hey, fame gets them, ya know? That’s what happened to all our favorite Disney stars, unfortunately. (Except you Hilary Duff, we still love you!)

One or two years passed. And then, something happened. ‘Where are U Now’ came out. And we were intrigued. Do more collaborations with Skrillex, yes!

Then, ‘What do you Mean’ was released. And we couldn’t stop listening to it. Dang JBiebz, we see you! That song was played everywhere, but it was fine because we didn’t want to escape it.

After these two songs came out we started wondering. Maybe he’s back? And we looked at his Instagram pictures. Damn, he really grew up didn’t he? Like, look at these shirtless pictures. 

Damn getting a little hot over there, aren’t we?

But he grew up in a good way. Like a really really good way.

But still, Jbiebz, we can’t ignore the fact that you’ve kinda been a little jerk lately.

AND THEN HE HITS US WITH THE BEST SONG TO EVER BE CREATED: ‘Sorry’

Justin, why is your music SO GOOD. And for some reason we couldn’t get this out of our heads. (I think I listened to ‘Sorry’ at LEAST ten times a day.) Ok, slowly going back to the Belieber ways. ABORT. ABORT. ABORT. WHAT IS HAPPENING.

And we see more pictures like this:

bruh..

bruhhhh….

BRUHHH……

Finally, he comes out with his latest single, ‘Love Yourself.’ And that’s it. It’s over. We are officaly Beliebers again.

But he’s not done yet! He releases his album, Purpose. AND EVERY. SINGLE. SONG IS SO GOOD. It should be album of the year. The old Bieber is back, everybody! But hotter than ever.

And he wants to apologize for his past actions and become a better person. We are with you Biebs. We will never leave your side from now on!

So now you know. From a one Belieber to another, let’s never doubt him again. We love you, Jbiebz! <3

Just a Bay Area girl trying to make it in the real world with the help of friends, coffee, and Drake.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.