Style > Beauty

Pinterest Beauty Hacks that ACTUALLY Work: A Fuller, Bouncier Ponytail

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Hello Ladies! We all know we’re busy bees and have no time to do our hair perfectly every single day. Some days, we just want to throw our hair up, hope it looks decent, and go about our day, am I right? Well, ever wonder how to get that perfect, high, volumized, lifted, effortless ponytail without damaging your hair with teasing and product AND will guarantee you walk out of the house confident that your hair looks fabulous? Well I have the answer for you with this easy Pinterest beauty hack that ACTUALLY works! Give your everyday ponytail some life and bounce with these 3 easy steps! 

Here’s what you’ll need: Your favorite hair tie, two to three bobby pins. THATS IT!  

Tip before you get started: Make sure your hair is dry! This trick does not work as well if your hair is fresh out of the shower. 

STEP 1: Pull your hair back in a ponytail to your desired height. The higher you go the more dramatic the volume in your hair will look. I recommend tying off your hair with two hair ties. It will make the second step much sturdier. 

STEP 2: Insert your bobby pins vertically underneath your ponytail and through your hair ties. How many you add depends on the thickness of your hair. I recommend two bobby pins for my girls with thin hair, just evenly destribute the space in between your bobby pins. And for my ladies with thicker hair, I recommend a total of three bobby pins, one bobby pin right down the middle and two more evenly spaced out on the outside of the middle bobby pin. 

STEP 3: Hairspray it off to guarantee it lasts all day! 

AND THATS IT! Easy as 1, 2,3! Pinterest beauty hacks can definitely be a hit or miss but I can guarantee you that this one’s a hit! Now go out there and show off that ponytail of yours that is sure to get attention. You will have all your friends asking “why does your ponytail look so good!?” Well…you know where to send them!

My name is Patricia Martin. I am currently a third year BFA dance major at UCSB. I am originally from Sacramento, CA. I have been dancing for seventeen years now and have not stopped. I am continuing my training in dance here at UCSB in order to meet my goal to one day be a part of a professional dance company. I also strive to become a choreographer and create works that will inspire other dancers and artists. Although dance is my life, my number one goal in life is to create and inspire whether that be through my dancing, performance or through writing. I am not the best speaker for I am best at expressing myself through movement and written words. And if I am able to use those two things and inspire someone, I am happy.