Pens That You Will Fall in Love With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Regardless of what your occupation is in the present or the future, chances are you will have to pick up a pen every once in awhile or even more frequently, to write. Personally, I love handwriting things. I love how convenient typing and computers are but handwriting things gives you a much more personalized touch for whatever you’re doing. I really like being able to personalize things and improving my penmanship so I am constantly writing whether it’s in class taking notes or writing letters to my penpals, I am always writing and looking for new pens to try. Through my experience trying out pens, these few are my all time favorites! I hope they will become yours too!

Muji

Muji pens are definitely one of my top go to pens. The first time I saw them, I automatically fell in love because there were so many colors and I just wanted to have them all. They last a good amount of time and they write quite smoothly. You can also get ink refills for these pens too! These pens come in 0.38mm and 0.5mm tips in case you were wondering! I actually got a set of twelve with a case for $12 so if you like having multi-colored pens, this would probably be cheaper for you. If you just want a couple of pens then you can get a pen for $1.50 from the Muji store in person or online.

Uniball 207

I have a preference for fine pointed pens so I usually go for the Uniball 207 Ultra Micro tipped pens. They also have a variety whether you like 0.38mm, 0.5mm, 0.7mm, 1.0mm or even the bold option, they have something for you! They write extremely smoothly and are retractable too so you won’t lose the cap or anything like that. They also have a nice grip and they are refillable so you can get some more ink without having to change the whole pen. This one is nice because you can get it at any office supply store like Staples.

Pilot G-TEC-C4

Not to long ago, I found out about the Pilot G-TEC-C4 pens and I was so amazed how great these pens could write that I bought about ten of these pens. So far from my experience, they do not skip and the ink is pretty dark. They glide across paper and I am so in love with these. They also come in a variety of colors and the ink lasted much longer than I was expecting. These pens also come in a variety of tips. Did you know you could get 0.25mm pens?! They definitely exist for this pen! There is a variety of tips for these pens such as 0.25mm, 0.3mm, 0.4mm, and 0.5mm. These are great if you’re an artist and need the fine lines to create detail. I think these pens are probably the first on my list of favorite pens. These pens are a bit on the pricier side but I feel like it is really worth it.

PILOT G-2

Pilot G2 pens are another one of my favorites. I think I have used these pens for the longest time, probably since I was in middle school because I was so obsessed with nice pens and pencils (I still am). I started off using the 0.7mm then down to the 0.5mm and now I have a bunch of 0.38mm pens. If you like medium point, 0.7mm would be a great choice for you. I feel like the ink in these pens run out rather quickly for me but nevertheless, they write really smooth and you can actually use these pens until they run out of ink, where you cannot even see the remaining ink anymore because it’s inside the metal tip. I think it’s really nice to get my money’s worth and it’s nice because you can get ink refills for these pens and that’s more affordable than buying a whole new pen.

Pentel R.S.V.P.

You can probably tell that I really like gel pens and ink pens but I have a recommendation for you if you like ballpoint pens too! Ballpoint pens generally last longer than gel pens and they are a lot more affordable too! So you want a good deal on ballpoint pens I think the Pentel R.S.V.P. pens are a great alternative. These pens last me forever and actually took me a whole quarter to finish one (and I write a lot too). You can get these for an amazing price especially during back to school sales (which should be around $1 for 5) or if you don’t feel like waiting that long, you can pick up two of these pens for 99 cents at the 99 cents store. They also come in a pack of different colors as well if you like to color code your notes and come in fine point and medium point.

Well, those are some of my top recommendations for pens that you will fall in love with! I hope this article can help you find a new pen to try and give you an opportunity to go out and shop for something that may not usually be on your shopping list! Have an amazing day collegiettes!

Hello! Devonne is a fourth year Chinese major with an applied psychology minor. She loves to binge watch shows on Netflix, trying out new food, and writing her penpals during her free time. She has an obsession with being organized and the Container Store a little too much. She is also interested in learning more about watercolor painting and modern calligraphy. 
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.