A New Way to Stop Procrastinating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It is almost Thanksgiving (yay break!) but sadly, that means finals are just around the corner. Seeing that finals are not too far away, today we will be featuring an application that may increase your productivity and help you stay focused! A lot of the time when I am studying and or feel stressed I often have the bad habit of playing with my phone, going on instagram, or reading tweets BUT with this application, I can limit my procrasting.

This application is called Forest, it is created for increasing your productivity by having you open the application while you’re working. In this application, every thirty minutes that you use, you plant a tree and can eventually grow your own forest. Everytime you exit the application, your tree dies (and the application sort of makes you feel bad so you stay productive). If you want to be very productive and have your screen “locked” for more than thirty minutes, you can now add more time, so instead of thirty minutes you can add more time, up to a hundred minutes for example. You can view your statistics and see the amount of time that you have been studying or doing work too! I think it’s really satisfying to look at and a great way to figure out when you’re most productive so you can plan studying and doing work accordingly. Using this, you can stay off your phone when you’re with friends and family too. Something I really like is that you can white-list three apps so if you open these, your tree won’t die. So be careful about choosing which applications you want to whitelist!

Recently, it has also been announced that there is a new feature allowing you to use your coins from this application to plant real trees in real life in different countries on Earth! It’s a great way to go green and be productive. For ninety-nine cents, all of this can be at your finger-tips! Not bad right? Good luck with your studies collegiates!

Hello! Devonne is a fourth year Chinese major with an applied psychology minor. She loves to binge watch shows on Netflix, trying out new food, and writing her penpals during her free time. She has an obsession with being organized and the Container Store a little too much. She is also interested in learning more about watercolor painting and modern calligraphy. 
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.