Must-Haves for your Spring Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Spring time has blossomed, ladies! What does this mean? Spring means to get rid of all the black and dark clothing from your closet and make room for clothes that have a pop of color and elegant spring patterns. There’s nothing better than enjoying the Spring weather in Santa Barbara while wearing the cutest, trendiest, and most vivid clothing! This season calls for some of these must-haves in your closet.

1. Sun hats and sunglasses for a sunny day

Top off a cute outfit with a sun hat in order to enjoy the weather peacefully and fashionably!

2. The boho vibe never gets old

If Vanessa Hudgens gets away with always dressing like she’s at Coachella then it’s acceptable for everyone to do the same, right?! A boho look is one of my favorite looks and it looks okay during every season.

3. Nothing says “Spring time” like florals!

This look definitely looks formal enough to attend a tea party in some beautiful weather! If going out to a wedding or a day party, try wearing an elegant, colorful, floral dress.

4. Colorful and light scarves for a cool spring day

If it’s a cool day outside, it’s convinient to have a very thin scarf that matches your colorful outfit, of course! There are tons of cute patterns that will give your look a Spring vibe.

5. Ankled skinny jeans helps achieve the Spring look

Pair ankled skinnies with some wedges and you’re definitely arriving anywhere with style!

6. Pastels give you that perfect pop of color 

It would be such a bold and brave move to play around with pastel colors. No doubt that your outfit will be standing out on campus!

7. Short Spring dresses are a must-have

Keep these dresses in your closet just in case to wear for a beautiful sunny day where ou decide to take a stroll on the beach or simply just walk to class.

8. White denim will make your look clean and pure

White denim shorts or jeans make your outfit look super “light” or “clean” and make your overall look perfect for this season.

Fashion, writing, and dogs are my passions. I'm a Communications major, hoping to work for fashion PR someday. Oh, and I'm totally in love with Zac Efron!
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.