timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Music Festival Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Music festivals present a breathtaking and truly unforgettable experience.  In order to ensure that you and your friends have the best time possible at music festivals you should make sure to have these five essentials!

1. Fanny pack:

Fanny packs are extremely essential to a comfortable music festival experience.  When coming to a music festival you always want a place to put your car keys, phone, ID, extra cash, etc. and fanny packs are a great and fashionable way to carry all of these things.  I highly recommend not carrying a backpack because festivals tend to have pick pocketers who will try to open your backpack. With a fanny pack, it is always in front of you and you know all of your stuff is safe!

2. Sunglasses: 

A lot of music festivals are outside and during the day. It tends to get extremely sunny and sunglasses are a great way to keep the sun out of your eyes and be able to watch all of the performances with ease.

3. Closed toe/comfortable shoes: 

When you go to music festivals you are surrounded by crowds of people that are dancing and jumping. Closed toe shoes will keep your feet from getting destroyed by the hundreds of dancing people. You also tend to do a lot of walking and dancing at festivals so comfortable shoes that you can easily walk and dance in are a must.

4. Water bottles: 

You are going to be doing a lot of dancing and walking in the hot sun. You should always make sure to carry a filled water bottle with you because it is extremely important to stay hydrated throughout the day. Most festivals have water refill stations where you can refill water bottles for free so take advantage of this!

5. Good attitude: 

Being able to see your favorite music artists live is such a magical and beautiful experience.  You should be happy and appreciate every moment you have at these festivals so don’t let anyone or anything ruin your mood and have an amazing journey!

Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.