This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

When it comes to studying for midterms, we can often times feel a lot like this: 

And even after countless hours of going over lecture notes and trying to cram in 5 weeks worth of readings, we usually still end up like this: 

But fear not, ladies! We’re here to help you do what we do best whenever there’s an impending deadline: 

Because let’s face it, when it comes down to it, literally anything seems more interesting than clicking through your lecture slides for the 15th time

No one can really blame us though, it’s not our fault! 

There’s just tons of other more productive things we could be doing that don’t involve mindless memorization

Like trying out parkour around your apartment

Or writing songs about your current life situations

Or learning how to speak that Harry Potter lingo

Or even practicing skills that are just more practical in the real world

But, because of this, we have to remind ourselves why we’re here in the first place

So come on, ladies. I know you can power through it!

Sociology major at UC Santa Barbara. Passions include: Taylor Swift, fashion, FRIENDS, chocolate, Snapchat and sassy t-shirts.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.