This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Marie Kondo wrote a New York Times Best-selling book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, and it seriously (surprisingly) does just that – change your life. Or just your wardrobe. Either way, she’s a cool lady and wrote some cool things. Basically, her philosphy is that you should throw out everything in your closet and keep only that which sparks joy. Challenged by my overly tidy mother and roommate I decided to Kondo the heck out of my life and it was wonderful, it just makes so much sense.

The ‘konmari method’ as it is known aims to declutter your space and it is seriously so strangely cathartic to throw out all those tshirts and scarves which you bought on sale but don’t particularly feel anything towards or that you want to wear when you’ve lost weight – if it doesn’t make you happy, it doesn’t belong. Time to get brutal. Her folding method is a little different too but the result is so aesthetically pleasing, I ain’t going back anytime soon.

Definitely would recommend, especially useful if you have a friend who’s clothing style you love and you want to go through their knock-offs.

Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.